• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

I'm very excited for the Anchor. I'm guessing it will be the disc finally to combat the Roc after many attempts

Not if it doesn't come in zero hard/retro. I keep hoping that something will come somewhat close to a Roc or Ghost in terms of flight and feel - I'd gladly throw a trilogy version of one. I tried the zero hard mace and it was not that close to a roc in flight imo. maybe the 3 I had were freak overstable but I could throw them in a headwind with no turn and significant fade.

I would really like to see a BT Bard in the USA to try out, but I don't see that happening anytime soon at all. No one seems to have an answer about when it will have a production release over here and has only had limited runs in EU if I'm not mistaken.

What about the Mace? It is very Rocish tick faster. Heck we can even get it in Zero Hard hint hint Westside! Great glide decent fade. Extremely stable when thown hard. The Zero hard are even flat tops. If u where into KC flat tops like me I highly recommend a hard Mace. Honestly I love rocs but never felt comfortable with a Roc3. Maces are what I wanted the R3 to be.

Haven't thrown a Bard but just starting throwing/bagging Opto Mace. Flies just like a Wasp but with less fade at the end. Was hoping for Wasp fade, but the Mace is a nice flying midrange.

Finally tried a Bard out and it's not quite as overstable as I thought it would be. I was afraid it would be Drone beefy but it's actually really workable. Like a great Champ Roc.

Completely accurate. I have a 177 VIP for beefy champ Roc shots a 175 TP that is straight to fade and an Origio I'm beating into a turnover.

It's a very good mold. I've got one backup for each slot too should the woods and water claim one.

I think a lot of Roc guys would really dig it if they tried one.

I'm just hoping that we see some bt hard and medium Bards eventually. I was expecting the acquisition to speed this up.

I'm just hoping that we see some bt hard and medium Bards eventually. I was expecting the acquisition to speed this up.

Origio Burst Bards are hitting retail shelves next Friday, FWIW.

The acquisition opened up the US market for the full line of Westside products (when some had been restricted to Finland or Europe only) but I don't think production overall has been increased over what it had been. It's not like the manufacturing facilities changed with the buyout. The BTs probably aren't too far away, but they don't appear to be a priority.

I got a beat up TP Bard out of the used bin yesterday and threw it a ton today. Super good midrange, very straight. It really tried to do everything I wanted it to do. Straight tunnels, baby flexes, sweeping hyzers with some intentional roll under, etc. If you're a Roc guy (especially like KC Pro Roc flight/stability) and you want to dabble in some Swedish plastic it's worth trying out. I can definitely see why Bard guys want some BT Bards for cycling.

I got a beat up TP Bard out of the used bin yesterday and threw it a ton today. Super good midrange, very straight. It really tried to do everything I wanted it to do. Straight tunnels, baby flexes, sweeping hyzers with some intentional roll under, etc. If you're a Roc guy (especially like KC Pro Roc flight/stability) and you want to dabble in some Swedish plastic it's worth trying out. I can definitely see why Bard guys want some BT Bards for cycling.

My TP Bard is not as beat in, so it still has some fade. I'd say it's like a RocX3 now, and will beat in to a straighter-throwing disc. The Bard is a good mold, and I second the suggestion to try it out.

Side note: cyclers can try the Origios if BT is not available. Might even be better than BT...

My TP Bard is not as beat in, so it still has some fade. I'd say it's like a RocX3 now, and will beat in to a straighter-throwing disc. The Bard is a good mold, and I second the suggestion to try it out.

Side note: cyclers can try the Origios if BT is not available. Might even be better than BT...

Have you tried one? They have a very interesting life cycle it seems. They mold up super flat with hardly a hint of shoulder, so not much glide at first and they fade hard.

Then they beat in and lose some fade but not a lot, it's basically a new VIP at this point. The. They pick up a tick of glide. Not sure what happens at this point. I've been using two since Christmas and they are beating in fairly slowly.

Have you tried one? They have a very interesting life cycle it seems. They mold up super flat with hardly a hint of shoulder, so not much glide at first and they fade hard.

Then they beat in and lose some fade but not a lot, it's basically a new VIP at this point. The. They pick up a tick of glide. Not sure what happens at this point. I've been using two since Christmas and they are beating in fairly slowly.

Haven't tried an Origio Bard, but I have a Prime Deputy, which is equivalent plastic. Like you said, not glidey and surprisingly OS at first, then it starts 'shedding' overstability.

Also curious how a Prime/Origio Harp would season in... :popcorn:

Haven't tried an Origio Bard, but I have a Prime Deputy, which is equivalent plastic. Like you said, not glidey and surprisingly OS at first, then it starts 'shedding' overstability.

Also curious how a Prime/Origio Harp would season in... :popcorn:

If they mold up the same way it could be very interesting. I've seen them for sale before, but I have two first run BT Soft Harps that I've had for years. They lost a touch of fade but other than looking like clovered best to death discs they fly exactly the same.

If they mold up the same way it could be very interesting. I've seen them for sale before, but I have two first run BT Soft Harps that I've had for years. They lost a touch of fade but other than looking like clovered best to death discs they fly exactly the same.

Yep. I have a TP Harp and a BT Hard Harp (a couple, actually). Used and practiced with both a good bit. The BT Hard Harp has less skip than the TP, but other than that they fly the same, and have remained pretty overstable.

Finally tried a Bard out and it's not quite as overstable as I thought it would be. I was afraid it would be Drone beefy but it's actually really workable. Like a great Champ Roc.
I bought a VIP Bard for no reason (store had discs on clearance so it was $8.) Not as much glide for me as a Champ Roc, not as fast as a Brinster Sentinel and not as fast or OS as a Gila. It was shorter for me than those other three, and my weenie-arm doesn't need a shorter anything. The Bard is not really a very serious contender for me.

I bought a VIP Bard for no reason (store had discs on clearance so it was $8.) Not as much glide for me as a Champ Roc, not as fast as a Brinster Sentinel and not as fast or OS as a Gila. It was shorter for me than those other three, and my weenie-arm doesn't need a shorter anything. The Bard is not really a very serious contender for me.

The Bard did not make my bag, either, (I gave it a shot, since I was using a Harp at the time I got the Bard), and for similar reasons to yours: I like the Hornet's flight better (more glidey fade) for OS shots, and the Buzzz/Roc3 and Panther take care of the rest of my midrange shots.

But the Bard is a decent disc and fun to throw around. Beats the RocX3 in my book...

My VIP isn't real glidey but the TP is pretty decent. Though both do well what I want an OS mold to do and that's go really straight when thrown hard and either fade or don't depending on beatness/hyzer. I don't really need length in a midrange, just hit gaps and stay on fairways and enough distance to not overlap my putters.

Who has experience throwing the Origio/BT Bards? How do they season?

Who has experience throwing the Origio/BT Bards? How do they season?

I bought three of the BT's when one of the stores got some a long time ago. Never did throw them though, the VIP Bard I tried out was a little more beef than I wanted plus a little too fast.

Had them up in the marketplace but there was no interest, if you decide to try some let me know I could make a deal on the three unthrown ones I have.

I've had a few Origio Bards, I've got two that my pupils have used for a year and I've been throwing them indoors so they're very beat up, only now do they show a hint of turn. The mold is so beefy in Origio that I doubt they'll beat in faster than a TP. It seems to me that flat TP Bards can be beat straight, I've had three 172g TP's and they're fantastic when beat in, a ton of HSS but very little fade so they're amazing for both tunnel shots and hyzers.

I've had domey ones that seemed harder to beat in.

If you want a trilogy mid that starts OS but beats in fast the Retro Anchor is great.