• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bardu's Bag 2013 Redux

Haha well I sure didnt kill it at the tournament, but I had fun and learned alot. I finally figured out why I was having problems with my teebirds. I was pretty much cutting my shot off after the hit, and I needed to follow throw better. I have been concentrating on a nice smooth follow through on all my shots and it has been working great. I am getting pretty effortless distance, and I think it will increase as my shot continues to come together.

Finally picked up another Champ TeeBird. :) Max weight, fairly flat for a TeeBird. It can take alot more power than DX for me. My 170 DX is flying great but my two 160s are pretty disappointing at this point.

Well if you can at least take something away from a round, be it merch, cash, or knowledge; you still win :thmbup:

Nice pickup with the Teebz!

Thanks! I did end up with a Metal Flake Destroyer from the tourney pack as well, but it will be some time before I am able to utilize that!

I've put some time in this year and its really payed off with putting and driving. I've been attending league and although I'm generally one of the worst players there, I have been watching and learning, and improving my scores over the course of the year.

Thanks! I did end up with a Metal Flake Destroyer from the tourney pack as well, but it will be some time before I am able to utilize that!

I've put some time in this year and its really payed off with putting and driving. I've been attending league and although I'm generally one of the worst players there, I have been watching and learning, and improving my scores over the course of the year.

I think this is really a tribute to the molds in your bag. You really have settled on some that you like, and are methodically improving them. I like pairing champ/star/and DX eagles and I'm glad your teebirds are treating you well too! :clap:

Sunk my third ace today, woohoo! DX TeeBird, the new one I'd just got for the tournament, 205 ft, tunnel shot, at #5 in Springfield, MN. :)

Played another tournament last weekend, the Oakwood Open. Alot of fun, but still didn't have the performance I was looking for. I didn't stick around to see how I finished, but after the first round I got put on fourth card (out of seven) which is a heckofalot better than last card.

Bags still looking about the same. The only thing I'm really missing would be backups. But I should be ok as long as I keep my eye on my discs.

165 Champ Firebird
175 Champ TeeBird
170 DX TeeBird- old DX, main driver
166 DX TeeBird
165 DX TeeBird

169 Z Buzzz

175 Glow Wizard
175 Glow Wizard

I've been very happy with TeeBirds the moment I picked them up again. They are very workable for me. But take what I say with a grain of salt because my best throws aren't much past 315`.

Right now I throw them (DX are the ones I'm familiar with) mainly on hyzers. I can get them to fly flat and fade, sail high and fade hard, or flip up flat and later tip over right. I do use them for annys, but I have to aim pretty high and put a steep angle on them.

But I don't have much of a frame of reference to compare them to other drivers. Comparing them to Eagles, they are straight, have more HSS (holds the line), glide better, and are longer. I would use the right and left turn to coax distance out of Eagles.

Started off throwing them at low weights. When I first picked up my 170 it felt heavy and when i threw it, it felt unwieldly. But I've gotten used to it now and can throw it just as far as my lighter ones and with more consistency. Need to spend time with the lighter ones again.

Hopefully in time I'll be able to add some comments about the Champ, but as of now I am mainly using it for hyzers.

And just to be clear, I mainly just use the 170 to carve all the driver lines I need at this point.

Unfortunately lost one of my Glow Wizards. Hard to believe I could lose a putter, but I've torn apart the spot where it landed and its just not there. I put a Soft Wizard back in the bag as a backup putter and its been working great. It seems to be a bit more HSS than my Glow, so I think I am going to be using it as my driving putter from now on. I am still gonna try to get another Glow though, I just feel naked without two of them in my bag.

Found a nice 167 DX Leo on the course the other day and it was throwing nice. I also have a DX Eagle still, so I could go with the entire Innova fairway lineup: Leopard/TeeBird/Eagle/Firebird. But I am really liking the consistency of grabbing a TeeBird everytime and finding a way to make it work for the lines I need to hit.

I've had some really nice successful annys with my Wizards, Buzzzes, and TeeBirds. They can be very deadly accurate, but they are also difficult to pull off sometimes. I've been throwing quite a few sidearm shots when I need to go right, and it has been working pretty well. The distance is not there, nor is the accuracy, but I figure it will come in time and I want it to be part of my arsenal, so I'll just keep practicing.

In addition to the Glow Wizard, I'd like to add another Buzzz to my bag. My other Buzzz is the only midrange I carry currently and I've hit a couple aces with it and am pretty careful with it as far as throwing it in situations where I could lose it. It would be nice to have another midrange to throw in those situations, right now I generally end up throwing putter or driver instead. Although I am pretty sure a 172 or so would be the best combination of distance and workability, I think my 169 can handle those duties, and I am tempted to pick up a max weight. It will compliment my lighter Buzzz well and fair better in wind, as well as being a disc I can learn to throw and grow into.

Was able to stop at GGGT and pick up another Glow Wizard to replace the I'd lost as well as another Z Buzzz.

This weekend I am playing in a tournament at Larsons Park in Brookings, SD. Here's how my bag will look:

Drivers
167 Champ Firebird
175 Champ TeeBird
170 DX TeeBird- main driver
166 DX TeeBird
165 DX TeeBird- turnovers

Midrange
177 Z Buzzz
169 Z Buzzz

Putters
172 Soft Wizard- drives
175 Glow Wizard- putts
175 Glow Wizard- backup

Always like your bag updates! Very simple and effective. I rocked something similar at league tonight and pretty sure I'm going to strip the bag down to:

170ish Champ Firebird
169 DX Teebird
180 DX Roc
175 DX Aviar

I never felt like I was missing a shot, instead of having a disc for an anny, I would manipulate the angles instead. Heavier Buzzz is a good addition, will hold up better in the wind and will probably get a late hookup in flight you might not get from the light one.

Thanks! :) That is what I'm hoping the Buzzz will do too.

That looks like a sweet setup, and it sounds like out philosophies are very similar. Very utilitarian!

I never felt like I was missing a shot, instead of having a disc for an anny, I would manipulate the angles instead. .

i feel this idea coincides with most professionals bags. im starting to find it easier and more consistent to put a N stable disc on hyzers and annys than it is to throw flat and let an US or OS disc do the work.
i look at Doss at the USDGC. seemed like every hole he was throwing his Z pred, and manipulating release angles to attain certain lines.
simplicity is bliss

Thanks! :) That is what I'm hoping the Buzzz will do too.

That looks like a sweet setup, and it sounds like out philosophies are very similar. Very utilitarian!

When I first got on the site, it was one of your bag updates that originally got me thinking about minimalism. At first I was like "Why does this guy only have like 5 discs?" Then I started thinking how nice it would be not having tons and tons of discs in the bag, so from then on my philosophy has been minimalism.

i feel this idea coincides with most professionals bags. im starting to find it easier and more consistent to put a N stable disc on hyzers and annys than it is to throw flat and let an US or OS disc do the work.
i look at Doss at the USDGC. seemed like every hole he was throwing his Z pred, and manipulating release angles to attain certain lines.
simplicity is bliss

I think in Simon Lizzotte's ITB he talks about being more about manipulating angles instead of having a flippy disc, straight disc, overstable disc. He manipulates the angles and instead has discs that will hold angles, fight out etc. He also has a very simple setup:

3 DP2s
2 CMD2s
2 SGMD1s
2 CMD3s
2 CFDs
3-4 CPD2s
2 Firebirds

ugghh now im going to be fighting with you guys over dx teebirds :p ... im all about the minimalism.. i might have near 20 discs in my bag but very few molds.. i threw a setup very close to this years back bardu when i threw the buzzz and the setup can cover just about anything looks good.. if that heavy buzzz doesnt do the trick maybe check out a glo buzzz they are a touch beefier or maybe a zone.. works as overstable utility but fast enough to cover as a beefy mid if needed

ugghh now im going to be fighting with you guys over dx teebirds :p ... im all about the minimalism.. i might have near 20 discs in my bag but very few molds.. i threw a setup very close to this years back bardu when i threw the buzzz and the setup can cover just about anything looks good.. if that heavy buzzz doesnt do the trick maybe check out a glo buzzz they are a touch beefier or maybe a zone.. works as overstable utility but fast enough to cover as a beefy mid if needed

Lol don't worry about me, I only throw the waxy flight numbers kind :p

Haha... Yeah no worries here either. I've got mostly stock discs, they are easy to replace!

McBeth's and Climo's ITB videos helped me feel like I'm going in the direction as well, a few situational discs and max distance drivers aside. McBeth's bag is a basically pile of Destroyers, Firebirds, TeeBirds, Rocs and Aviars. And Climo's is built around Wraiths, Firebirds, TeeBirds, Rocs and Aviars.

Haha... Yeah no worries here either. I've got mostly stock discs, they are easy to replace!

McBeth's and Climo's ITB videos helped me feel like I'm going in the direction as well, a few situational discs and max distance drivers aside. McBeth's bag is a basically pile of Destroyers, Firebirds, TeeBirds, Rocs and Aviars. And Climo's is built around Wraiths, Firebirds, TeeBirds, Rocs and Aviars.
Which really means Aviars, Rocs, Teebirds, Firebirds and a distance driver of choice...Garu did call it a personal choice, more than the others.

Latest posts