• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bardu's Bag 2013 Redux

if you liked the Rocs you could for sure carry them and the buzzz in the bag.. like to fly differently and can cover different type shots if needed.. kinda like a Leopard Jr. .. im a HUGE fan of DX Teebirds and have had at least one in the bag since i started but yeah like the setup buddy i could play with that and have a blast

What do you do when you need midrange beef? Powerdown the Firebirds?

I'd suggest a Zone, Jokeri, Sinus, Breaker type putt/mid hybrid to use as beefy mid if your into that sort of thing.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I've never tried a saint but my buddy has a bunch so I'll have to try one out!

I actually just added my old beat DX roc back in the bag. The rim is no longer even, like the disc won't lay flat on flat ground but... It flies just as great as ever. I originally took it out because all my anny shots were turning into cut rollers, but that didn't happen once yesterday. I was using it for annys, upshots and slower pinpoint shots. And then just leaving the rest for the Buzzz.

And yeah that brings me to the next thing I'd noticed, which was lack of a wind worthy mid. Idk if my Buzzz is just too light at 169, but between its weight and glide it seems to get blown off the line a little bit. So I was trying to decide if a heavier Buzzz would work or if I should look into something else. I can power down on the firebird for some OS utility, but when it's flying at low speed it just starts fading immediately.

My original thought was kc pro roc, roc3, z wasp or something. But I have thrown a zone before and it was really sweet. Are ESP still good ones to look for? How does a jokeri compare? My friend has a wide variety of sinuses.

i use my esp zones for bh/fh upshots and then it also covers the beefy mid slot if my fresh flat top roc isnt enough.. yeah 169 on the buzzz is a little light but even heavier they arent the best wind fighting mids.. can work tho.. also fwiw i have heard the glo buzzz are about as beefy as they come.. If you are digging the rocs i would say just add a fresh kc pro for windy day/beefy shots.. but any of the few you listed would work

Since the last update I've lost my Champ TeeBird and one of my DX TeeBirds. Just today I found a Star Sidewinder. Most of my discs are pretty well seasoned at this point.

175 Star Sidewinder
167 Champ Firebird
165 Champ Eagle-X
165 DX TeeBird

169 Z Buzzz
171 DX Roc

175 Glow Wizard
175 Glow Wizard

Since the last update I've lost my Champ TeeBird and one of my DX TeeBirds. Just today I found a Star Sidewinder. Most of my discs are pretty well seasoned at this point.

175 Star Sidewinder
167 Champ Firebird
165 Champ Eagle-X
165 DX TeeBird

169 Z Buzzz
171 DX Roc

175 Glow Wizard
175 Glow Wizard

Do you feel you need an undestable mid or do you just anhyzer your Buzzz? Also I'd say get another Champ Teebird if you can.

I use the DX roc for annys. It's two years old, beat, not flat anymore. It flies like a dream. :)

Yeah a champ TeeBird is at the top of my list. Hopefully one that's already had some seasoning. I've had my champ eagle for a while though and it can cover most of the shots.

Hit my second ace today onhole #3 at Lawcon Park DGC, with the Buzzz again, 234 ft. :)

Thanks and good luck. :)

Unfortunately, the last couple weeks have really depleted my bag. I was already down to bare bones and just yesterday I lost the Champ Eagle. I know where it is approximately, but its most likely in a bunch of reeds and bushes growing out of water. I looked a couple times yesterday and I'm going back again today, so hears hoping.

Just curious if anyone has advice for me: I am throwing my putters and mids just fine. But my DX TeeBird has always felt quite finicky. Many times it will trail right and not show a hint of coming back, or else it will go sky high and lack distance. There are definitely some throws in between where it is beautiful. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem. The Eagle I just lost was 165 and I had to put some serious turn on it and throw it hard in order to achieve anywhere near the distance the best throws with the TeeBird can get.

Update: Found the Eagle and a Polecat that I'd previously lost. :)

Nice! That really fleshes the bag back out. Champ eagle and dx teebird should be nice compliments

Yeah, it is a very large relief having that Eagle back (it spent a night underwater), as it is my only beat in premium plastic driver. To that end as well, I need to get a Champ TeeBird ASAP because they don't beat themselves in!

So the bag looks like:

Drivers
167 12x Champ Firebird - had it for a few months, barely starting to season, FH, OS utility
165 12x Champ Eagle - had it for a year or so, nicely seasoned, I want to work with this and learn to get more D out of it, right now it handles wind and has more turn and fade than a TeeBird would
165 DX TeeBird - definately seasoned, main driver, distance, standstills, I go out of my way to throw this disc

Midrange
169 Z Buzzz - had it for almost two years, seasoned, this is my workhorse, I should probably be stretching it out and stealing shots from the TeeBird
171 DX Roc - had this one as long as the Buzzz, beat, no longer flat, cannot handle much power, I throw it on annys, point and shoot style shots, and upshots, but I'm trying to get away from it

Putters
172 S Ion- One of the old opaque softs, smooth bottom, again this one is about the age of the Buzzz and Roc, definately beat, but it does not turn and burn, drives
Two 175 Glow Wizards - Putting, approaches, drives, if I can comfortably reach the spot with these, I will throw them
165 DX Polecat - Brand new, idk, catch before rounds? haha

Unfortunately I lost my seasoned Champ Eagle, probably for the last time. This leaves me without a throwable premium plastic driver, and a Champ TeeBird is at the top of my list.

I've been throwing a 170 DX TeeBird in addition to my 165, and it has been working great. It fades very reliably for me and there is not much loss in distance. The 165 has been more dependable as of late as well. I put it on a slight hyzer and it flips flat and then tips over right and finishes with some nice distance.

I cut down to the Wizards, Buzzz, TeeBirds and Firebird for a much more minimal setup. Really just felt like I wasn't adding many shots with the other discs and I was only hurting my consistency at this time.

Heading to the Coca-Cola Classic, my first B-tier.

167 Champ Firebird
170 DX TeeBird seasoned
166 DX TeeBird unthrown
165 DX TeeBird beat

169 Z Buzzz

175 Glow Wizard
175 Glow Wizard

Heading to the Coca-Cola Classic, my first B-tier.

167 Champ Firebird
170 DX TeeBird seasoned
166 DX TeeBird unthrown
165 DX TeeBird beat

169 Z Buzzz

175 Glow Wizard
175 Glow Wizard

Good luck dude! Got a lot of discs to feel confident with there. That firebird will have to take care of all overstable utitlity. Good minimal bag.

Haha well I sure didnt kill it at the tournament, but I had fun and learned alot. I finally figured out why I was having problems with my teebirds. I was pretty much cutting my shot off after the hit, and I needed to follow throw better. I have been concentrating on a nice smooth follow through on all my shots and it has been working great. I am getting pretty effortless distance, and I think it will increase as my shot continues to come together.

Finally picked up another Champ TeeBird. :) Max weight, fairly flat for a TeeBird. It can take alot more power than DX for me. My 170 DX is flying great but my two 160s are pretty disappointing at this point.

Latest posts