• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baseball is ruining my fun

Yep. I've seen people plop down right in the middle of a fairway, and when we tell them it's a DG course, they say something like "Why can't we both enjoy the park?" Because if you get hit by a flying disc, you'll be 'enjoying' serious injury if not worse.

And then we had a young couple that liked to put up a hammock in the wooded part of the course, but right in the throwing lane...

I play Schenley occasionally. I've basically come to accept the fact that if I'm there on a weekend I will likely have to skip holes 1 and 2.

It is a multi-use park after all, and holes 1 and 2 basically go right over top of the prime picnicking, sun-bathing, kite-flying, etc. area. Generally if someone is anywhere near my throwing lane, I'm not going to throw for fear of injuring them, even if unlikely. Not to mention that trying to make sure I avoid someone pretty much guarantees I'll make a bad shot.

I encountered a couple laid out on a blanket literally on a teepad last summer, right next to the nice sign displaying the hole layout. Totally oblivious. We should all be able to share, though it is the people being totally unaware that can be trying.

I had a guy walk in between me and a basket while I was throwing a 10 foot putt, I missed because of an idiot and his girlfriend.

The worst offenders around here are the clubs. Nothing like being right in the middle of a hole, mid way through the course to have a group of 8 walk by you to the next tee pad and then proceed to tell you "sorry", but they're using every hole on the course now(with no permit) and that it is somehow your fault for not knowing to avoid the course on the random rotating days mid week. But wait, I was shooting a personal best, too bad, unless you wanna get sandwiched between two doubles cards and have them give you death stares the next 3 hours while you finish your round playing at snail pace. Can you guess why I built my own private course?

The worst offenders around here are the clubs. Nothing like being right in the middle of a hole, mid way through the course to have a group of 8 walk by you to the next tee pad and then proceed to tell you "sorry", but they're using every hole on the course now(with no permit) and that it is somehow your fault for not knowing to avoid the course on the random rotating days mid week. But wait, I was shooting a personal best, too bad, unless you wanna get sandwiched between two doubles cards and have them give you death stares the next 3 hours while you finish your round playing at snail pace. Can you guess why I built my own private course?
@ssholes around here use any random basket for practice putting before their club rounds. Then they act surprised that you don't throw a tee shot with 8 dudes hanging around the basket.

I had someone at Schenley Park yesterday laying on a towel reading a book next to number 1's tee pad. I throw off and she gives a really weird look to me. Then the second person in our group throws off and we hear a snarky, "Uhh, do you think you all could throw somewhere else?". The four of us were dumbfounded... we just told her that no, we could not, this is a disc golf course.
This just happened to me and a friend on a local course yesterday. I was in my car waiting for my friend to show up. I saw a young couple take a large picnic basket out of their car and start walking through the park. I didn't think anything of it, because it's a big, multi-use park.

Then we climb the hill to the top of hole #2 and the couple is sitting on a blanket that is next to, and basically touching, the concrete tee pad. They just sat there so we just told them, "don't mind the frisbees about to fly over your heads."

WTF.

I played a course with teepads that were pure sand surrounded by wooden frames. I came up the course to find a couple of children with buckets and plastic shovels building castles in the sand with their disinterested mom pecking away on her phone nearby. I said hello to the kids and drove from the grass next to the teepad. The little boy asked if I wanted him to go and get it. I told him that it was ok where it was and he didn't need to fetch it for me. He promised that he'd give it back, but I assured him that it was ok and off I went.

The kids were really cute and I couldn't be irritated with them, but mom never so much as glanced up throughout the entire exchange.

Latest posts