• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets gone!

Has anyone ever been arrested for stealing baskets from a course? If so we need to get their mugshots.

Rebar will only slow them down some, not prevent. Anyone with just rudimentary knowledge of metal cutting could get it even with rebar. You'd be amazed how fast I could get one were I of the mind to do so. There are definite ways to keep them from being cut down, but they are very expensive and won't stop them from pulling the whole deal out either. Basically, there is no real way to stop a determined scum bag. :thmbdown:

Its not scrappers no way . . . pull the course and threaten that the course will be closed for the season if the basket isnt returned. If it is the locals who play the course the will want the course in play.

Good thing I'm working on an automatic turret prototype to blow suckas up. :|

some baskets are gone at a course here too but there are like five gone here the replace ment is going to be slow since it is a small course to begin with.

Yes, you can get around rebar. But there are several stories of bloody hacksaw blades being left in a partially cut pipe. Yanking it out with a truck takes more effort and a more remote basket location to not be noticed.

thats is pretty twisted. Our club had to replace a basket at Tillis Park because some a hole was driving his car through the park in the middle of the night and took out number 8's basket. the guy just drove off after hitting it :/

this happened at druid hill park in baltimore a few years ago on hole 11... there were two sets of tire tracks, like they had been racing. one hit the basket, and the other just barely missed it.

It would run up the price of the basket, but making the post out of 316 stainless (the thicker the wall the better) would get rid of the hacksaw thieves. They'd still be sawing the next morning...

As for yanking them out whole... I don't know what would help.

We have pounded three sticks of rebar on a slant in three directions away from the hole before pouring the concrete in the anchor hole. It creates a barbed cement ball in the ground that's more difficult for a truck to pull out without digging a much bigger hole.

Latest posts