• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Beaded vs Non-beaded putters

Beads seem to give a straighter finish. They also sometimes hurt my fingers. And maybe do less well in the wind.

I think when he said that he was talking about why beads disappeared largely from disc design and he said the only reason he used them was to increase durability and now you do that with higher density plastics so there is no real reason for them. Following that logic, an XT Aviar doesn't really need a bead.

IIRC, Dave Dunipace also once said he put beads on putters to give the user a place to rest his/her index finger, if so desired.

Also, to a more general point, beads DO give a straighter finish. For example, the Wombat and Wombat3 sometimes don't hold anny turnover shots all the way, and that's the reason I don't bag the Wombat3 over the Patrol.

The (unbeaded) Foxbat absolutely holds the turnover, and if there was a "Foxbat3", I'd probably be bagging it now. Maybe Infinite Discs can put a Foxbat3 into its Infinite Discs line...

Latest posts