• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Beginner Discs

Well, you all will be happy that I upgraded some of my putter a bit earlier and I am doing well.

Today I took the GStar Valkyrie as my main distance driver along with the other discs I spoke of in this thread and focused on using the Valkyrie for all my shots. I only ended up using the Shark a few times to get closer to the hole if I ended up with a goof of a throw. It went surprisingly well for not having thrown the disc for 4-5 years and had the strength and the technique down better to have it go flatter and further - overall, quit happy with the results today.

I ended up then taking out my two Aviar putters (switch those for XDs) and added my old Avenger SS and Avenger back into the bag and ready to see how I do with those. I checked both of the Avengers (SS and non-SS) and both are only 1 speed more then the Valkyrie, so I won't be needing to go too hard on them.

Should be fun!