• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Beginner need some advice

The Leopard is a great beginner disc, I carry three in different weights. I throw only fairway drivers, even after five years.

Another great beginner disc is Discraft's ESP Impact. This disc does it all, drives, up shots, putts, and comes in almost any weight you could want. If I was forced to play only one disc I would use an Impact.

I'd suggest starting with a Mid and Putter. I'd get a Discraft X Comet and whatever putter feels good in your hand. If you want to add a driver a little later, I'd suggest a Leopard.

I've been playing for about a year and I've tried a number of discs. These ones seem to work the best for me, but something else may work for you.

go to your local store and buy whatever putter feels best, or whatever putter your drawn to (doesn't really matter which)... then get one of a roc/shark/buzz (whichever feels best or is prettiest, doesn't really matter which). play with those 2 and only those two discs until you absolutely can't stand it any longer. then play with them some more for an equal amount of time. you should be ready for more/other/faster/different discs.

keeping things simple is the easiest way to find consistency and get better.