• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Best Beginner Latitude 64 Driver?

I handed my buddy who is a bit newer than I am a River I bought, but could not control very well (and I already am very happy with my Vision). First drive off the tee with it backhand was perfectly straight with near his max BH distance. He has loved it every since - except on windy days.

An opto Diamond flies quite a bit like a beat in DX Gazelle.

Diamond, Underworld, River, you can't go wrong with any of them, but the Diamond would be easiest for a real beginner to throw.

I've a buddy that dumped his Gazelle's in favor of a VIP Warship, which I'd heartily recommend as your first foray into Lat 64/DD/Westide plastics.

I'm not a huge fan of the Diamond, especially if you have any wind where you play. River's are fantastic, and you don't run into the danger of outgrowing it. However, they aren't much like a Gazelle. You may be happier in the long run, keeping the Gazelle, and adding discs to compliment! :p

I wouldn't throw anything faster if you are a true beginner; saints, escapes, strikers, stags, visions, furys, etc are all a little too fast for something 'Gazelle Like'.

Latest posts