• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best cities for disc golf?

BuddyBody

Bogey Member
So I'm still pretty new to the sport, I've played a few of the courses around me and I'm starting to wonder. how does my city rate in terms of course density and quality of courses? I'm in Atlanta and it seems like there are plenty of courses around the metro area, mostly on the north side, and I recently learned the PDGA hq is in GA.

But I guess I'm just wondering, what are the disc golf hot spots around the nation? it seems like its pretty popular in texas from what I've seen but I don't really know. And there must be cities with little or no disc golf action so are there cities to avoid?

tldr: where are the disc golf epicenters and do you live there?

Warning: this is a beat-to-death subject.

Since you're new, I'll mention that some of them are Augusta, Charlotte, Dallas-Ft. Worth, and Minneapolis......Two of which are within a half-day's drive of you.

very cool thanks for the info. in the future ill peruse the forum more for answers

I just started getting into disc golf and am glad I live in Minneapolis due to Blue Ribbons, Acorn Park, and many local 2-3 star courses.

So I'm still pretty new to the sport, I've played a few of the courses around me and I'm starting to wonder. how does my city rate in terms of course density and quality of courses? I'm in Atlanta and it seems like there are plenty of courses around the metro area, mostly on the north side, and I recently learned the PDGA hq is in GA.

But I guess I'm just wondering, what are the disc golf hot spots around the nation? it seems like its pretty popular in texas from what I've seen but I don't really know. And there must be cities with little or no disc golf action so are there cities to avoid?

tldr: where are the disc golf epicenters and do you live there?

Where does Atlanta rank? Fairly well, but well behind cities like Charlotte, etc. You have a sometimes-available private course nearby which is regarded as one of the best, anywhere.

Hot spots? This discussion usually comes down to people from a dozen or so areas, clamoring that theirs is the best.

Cities to avoid? NYC, apparently, for one.

Nope, I don't live in an epicenter, but between and within 2 hours of both Augusta and Charlotte, which isn't bad.

Latest posts