• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in Central Indian

I'm going to throw out a sleeper course... Lebanon's Longley Park. The Boone County parks department has done a ton of work to clean up the fairways on the wooded holes and it's looking great. I'm honestly enjoying that course more than any other in the city right now.

^ Fall creeks front nine has a few holes that i would agree with on that. 2, 3, 4, and 8.

Boom.

DatRedDude said:
Played Wabash a few weeks ago on way home from a doubles tourney. Thought it was a really fun course.

It's really peaceful and beautiful in warmer months. I like to play all the roadways/pavement as OB (on or over)...helps up the difficulty factor a bit, while making for some interesting shots. 1, 5, 6, and especially 9 and 17 all get better with some OB in play. Great course for putter only.

I really liked Longley also (knew it had a lot of potential.) I also would suggest Deming park (nice mix of shots) Murdock has improved a lot and Lafayette has three other courses if you're planning a trip (Fly by Faith, Purdue, and Pickett) Camp Cullom is really good and has probably improved since the last time I played it (did they ever get new teepads?)

Mohawk is my favorite in the Indy area, killer course but it's private so you need to call first.

I'm going to throw out a sleeper course... Lebanon's Longley Park. The Boone County parks department has done a ton of work to clean up the fairways on the wooded holes and it's looking great. I'm honestly enjoying that course more than any other in the city right now.

haven't played it in a couple years. Last time i was there there were a couple holes that just had no lines. But from the sounds of it, they have provided a couple now. Really enjoyed it the couple times i have played.

Someone stated earlier Mohawk. Private course so just an FYI, do not just show up at this course. Reach out to the owner and confirm its OK. In my experience he has always been very accommodating.

The least talked about course in central IN and one of my favorites is Boondocks in Knightstown. 20 minutes east of Indy off of 70.

Make the trip, thank me later.

There is a private course on the southside that has glow leagues on mondays as well. its not listed on this site so i won't advertise it, but its one of the most beautiful manicured courses i have every played. Its also pretty much in a grove of pine trees so its challenging as well. Not long but very much fun.

Boondocks is pretty solid, but suffers a bit from the front nine being mostly similar open shots.

The back nine MORE THAN makes up for it, though.

Boonies is a little bit more "northern" than "central" IN, but it's also a very fun private course (open to public unless something's changed recently).

Boondocks is pretty solid, but suffers a bit from the front nine being mostly similar open shots.

The back nine MORE THAN makes up for it, though.

Boonies is a little bit more "northern" than "central" IN, but it's also a very fun private course (open to public unless something's changed recently).

Its semi private, with a drop box for your funds.

I have played out there a few dozen times and litterally its just a buddy and I and we have the place to ourselves. The front nine can be a little monotonous but it also has 2 sets of tees and the course is totally different from Stones. Sticks and Stones tees = Front and Back tees

Its def central, its straight east on 70 20 minutes outside of Indianapolis. but that is neither here nor there lol.

I live in Broad Ripple and play most courses regularly. If you are looking for a drive, I would recommend Boondocks Farms (Knightstown) or Camp Cullom (Frankfort), Lions Park (Yorktown). All of the college towns outside of Indy have solid courses nearby. Within the city (Indy), the most challenging courses are Fall Creek and Hazel Landing.

Other solid courses that stand out are The Hills (Carmel), Washington Park, Brookside, Blue Heron (Franklin), Longley (Lebanon), and Northwestway (as long as it is before 4 PM on Weekdays and early morning on weekends if there is no soccer). The walking path there can be a pain.

If you are looking for something shorter (9 holes or half of a course), The Masters (Plainfield), Cumberland Park, or even the front 9 of Dillion.

Once you've played all the courses in your area, make a trip to down Seviren Lang in southern IN, it's an excellent course and worth the drive.

2nd the vote for Maconaquah.

Honey Bear is i-ite, but kinda dated. Fun, tho'.

I really really really enjoy France Park in Logansport. Also a bit dated, but some GREAT technical wooded holes.

Camp Collum in Frankfort is really good as well. :)

Yup yup yup yup:thmbup:
These are good

Dec 15th- Wild Turkey Shoot fundraiser @ Northwestway would be a good time to play it.

Is that just a clever name for the event, or do all the walkers wear turkey suits and you get bonus points for hitting them? :D

Back in the day (early 90's) when I played a lot of tournaments, I thought of transfering to the Peru, Indiana area so I could play at Maconaquah Park everyday and play in the Circus City Open every year :) IMHO Memorial Hills DGC in Huntington is a diamond in the rough and I also liked Hazel Landing in Carmel. The course I haven't played yet, because I live to far away is the Mohawk DGC in Greenfield. I found the course one day and even thought about playing it (but it is a private course and I wasn't invited to play it and I heard gun shots in the woods. So I just dream of someday getting the opportunity to share the fairway with others there).

Is there a map that defines "Central Indiana"? Would it be the area between US-24/224 to the north and I-70 to the south?

Is there a map that defines "Central Indiana"? Would it be the area between US-24/224 to the north and I-70 to the south?

I don't know that there is. Indianapolis is split East and West by US31, and North and South by Washington(US 40).

I would say Central would be Avon to Greenfield east to west and Kokomo to Greenwood North to South.

That is kind of my thinking at least