• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in West PA

has anyone heard anything about expanding Old Economy Park to 18 holes? I like playing there once and a while and if there is 18 holes I would play there more often.

What year is Pittsburgh tryin to get the bid for worlds? And what course are they plannin to have it on? I wanna know so I can put my request time off in now

It won't be until 2013 or 2014. We will use Knob Hill, Moraine, Deer Lakes, Slippery Rock, and Old Economy.

has anyone heard anything about expanding Old Economy Park to 18 holes? I like playing there once and a while and if there is 18 holes I would play there more often.

There has be quite a bit of talk about expanding Old Economy to 18 holes. A generic layout has been set but changes to that will probably take place. A time schedule has not been set.

Ok so one part question, one part comment. First off ive heard things about 2MRX expanding. Is there anything actually moving on that or is it talk and if it is already in the works when is that projected to happen? And Im goin back home to the burgh today and i think im goin to play 2MRX tomorrow mornin and im pumped! Debating on either tryin to talk my girl into playin another good course in PA or hittin up Idlewild on the way back. Too many choices!

Play more in Pennsylvania or hit the black course in nearby west Virginia idlewild is great but I'd take what's in and around Pitt over what's in and around cinncinatti. 2mrx will not expand to 18 according to my sources.

Boooo I was really hopin to hear that 2mrx would expand here sometime soon. I grew up in Brighton Twp. and take my word on it being such a lame ass town. Nice place to raise a family annnnnnnd thats about it. So it was awesome to hear they put somethin cool there!

Saw this on the PFDS site, figured I'd post it here to at least spread the word a little bit:

PFDS and Allegheny County Parks are pouring the last 10 tee pads on the Deer Lakes Course from 8 am till noon on SAT. AUGUST 21.
If you have played at any of the area courses, you have already reaped the benefits of the work of the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society.
Give something back by putting in.
It's a big job and you can help get it done.
No experience necessary, but experienced concrete finishers with float tools are a plus.
Bring work gloves, lunch, and meet at parking lot near hole 17.
We also need a bull float, wheel barrows, rakes, shovels and hoes.
The cement truck will arrive early in the morning and we need all hands on deck at 8 am.

Please send an email to [email protected] and confirm that you will come.
We want to complete the job and have Deer Lakes ready for The Hunt on September 25.

Tee parties are also working in the evenings (5:30 - 8:30) this Wednesday 8/13 and Thursday 8/12 to prep the forms on Hole 13.
Next week on Monday 8/16, Thursday 8/19 and Friday 8/20 we will prep forms on #5, 3 and 10. Come out and lend a hand then as well.

J. Gary Dropcho
Course Superintendent
Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society
[email protected]

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the info...i only hit up 2mrx on my trip and had a great time playin in. Although i didnt have the time to do more i think ill take a run at deer lakes in december when i get time off for xmas

FYI...Over the weekend about 25 PFDS members finished the remaining tee pads at Deer Lakes. They look absolutely amazing!!!