• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc for Kids

I picked up some of the ultra light buzzzs at gotta go throw for my kids. They are 125g. They had the ESP's on clearance for $4.75. Not sure if they have any left.

anything 150, i ran into a dx leopard only 125 too. otherwise putters and mid-ranges in entry level plastic.

150g skeeter is a great disc for kids too. My 5-year-old plays with 125g buzzz like the ones mentioned above

My kids used to throw:
150 class Leopards
150 class Sharks
120 rocs
130 t-bones
130 Rock-its
a 136 skeeter
and 150 teebird.

Now they have all new Magics, Elements, and a few Apaches or Sabres

I just bought 5 of those Buzzz lights for the SC Juniors Tournament coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm bringing five kids ages 6 and under...giving them something easy to throw.

I grabbed 2 of those buzzz lites for my 4 year old daughter. I just dyed one for her and while heating it got it to flatten out. She has a nice flex shot with it.

Whatever you get, be sure to teach the little ones how to throw forehand as well as backhand. Smaller hands work better forehand than backhand, success will come more easily for most kids that way.

Hysell suggested light Challengers when I asked him a similar question. Those Buzzzes look similar.

I have no experience with this, but I'd suggest you teach em to play catch too. Get some Gophers or regular old Frisbees to do that with.

Latest posts