• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc for Kids

LetsPlayGolf

Par Member
I am thinking about making a bulk purchase for my kids' afterschool program. What, in general, are the best discs for young kids to throw. I am talking 5-to-9 year olds here. I am thinking some 150g Stingrays may be the best, but I am not sure so I am looking for suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated.

The DGA has some of the best beginner discs out there, and have some awesome starter pack deals as well...

The Quest rock-it is a really great disc for low power players like young kids, they're slow and understable, and make an ok putter. Light dx sharks are pretty good too, easy to throw and perfectly fine to use for driving and putting.

mids......putters....drivers are tough for them to throw.....get stuff with glide....i have a 9 yr old......he throws 150g polecat...cobra...skeeter....145g leopard...

Challenger Lites @ 120g. Actually those are great for everyone. =)

The Aero is very Frisbee like and quite easy to control. I believe they go down to 13?g.

the wedge. That is the whole reason innova made that disc. It is called that because it is going to be the disc for the edge program, their beginner program. they also make 130g polecats for that. the wedge is understable, and has a tiny lip, for tiny hands.

did you already buy? I just bought all new for my kids so I have some left over kids discs.

No, not yet. But I was hoping to get about 12-16 of the same kind, just different colors/weights so there would not be too many fights over who got what. Having a 3 year old and 5 year old has taught me to buy everything in pairs :)

I will give you a list of what I have if interested. but I have several of a few discs, like 3 Rocs that are in the 120's that look exactly the same.

I also have a bunch of 150 dx leopards, sharks and a few others. If interested let me know what your looking to spend.

My kids throw the lite Sharks well and all the lite discs from Gateway fly well. If I had to buy just one disc, I'd go with the pole cat for my kids. It's the disc they're most consistent with by far.