• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Rebirthing this thread because I'm curious about the McBeth Aviars. I've been driving opto Pures lately for my super stable, and my super beat up SS Wizard for low hyzerflips/understable. PIAS got a BUNCH of the McBeth Aviars in today. Super stiff, which I really like for my driving putters. What's every ones experience with driving them? I'm sure this question has been answered in the thread dedicated to the disc.. but don't feel like digging/searching through that thread to find the answer.

I'll stick with my Opto Pures! I have 2 McPro Aviars...the question is, Do they meet the flex test?

I'll stick with my Opto Pures! I have 2 McPro Aviars...the question is, Do they meet the flex test?

yep! they drive pretty straight, and once they break in will hold some nice lines.

though i have notices mine taking a few good nicks here and there if ya hit things

Don't hit a tree or rock with the mcpro avairs. Plastic is sooooooooo stiff and brittle that everything it hits screws with the plastic BAD

Rebirthing this thread because I'm curious about the McBeth Aviars. I've been driving opto Pures lately for my super stable, and my super beat up SS Wizard for low hyzerflips/understable. PIAS got a BUNCH of the McBeth Aviars in today. Super stiff, which I really like for my driving putters. What's every ones experience with driving them? I'm sure this question has been answered in the thread dedicated to the disc.. but don't feel like digging/searching through that thread to find the answer.

You throw Opto Pures for your super stable? Those are the straightest discs around.

Ive been having good luck with a stiffer chalky Wizard. Champ Rhynos are great too, and Kc Aviars with the big bead

You throw Opto Pures for your super stable? Those are the straightest discs around.

I believe he's using the term super stable as super straight.

They are "super stable" lol-- but that gets back to how you want to define it.... I loved my pures for driving (still do but have been messing with ION/Anodes) and am liking the fact they lock onto a line better where the pure was great for flipping up flat, going laser beam straight or soft slow turn-overs.. Plus ION/Anode make great putting putters (better than pures which are truly a hybrid mid/putter IMO)

Ridge. All around workhorse putter. Plus, being low profile it comes out the hand easier/cleaner than a deeper putter.

took mcbeths advice and picked up a S-P2. Its pretty sweet!

other than that aviars are my choice to drive with. plastic varries depending on the shot

I bag a couple of Champion Rhynos and a Star BB Aviar Driver for driving putters. The Rhynos can handle the wind better, land where you aim them due to their lack of glide, and can handle akward throwing positions which often force less than idea technique. BB Aviars a bit less OS and have better glide. While they over-lap some, there's enough of a difference for me to have it worth carrying both, depending on the shot, wind, footing, etc.

Driving putter? Soft Judge. I don't have a disc that glides more lol. I can push it to like 250' FOR NOW. I hope to break 300 by the end of the month. :D I throw it ALOT.

Sinus and Spike. I have a Sinus that is 4 or 5 years old that feels like a beat Blowfly and it still is stable. Could be because of my weak arm.