• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Innova Big Bead CFR Aviar. If you can't get a hold of a CFR then get a an Aviar Driver in star plastic.

I still wanna try a GL or Opto Pure... but don't feel like buying one new.. and as soon as one pops up on the market place it's gone in like 5 minutes Lol

Im always on the look out for GL's too, the opto's are pretty easy to find. I also want to try the new "regrind" ones that just came out. Either way the Pure is best described as a mini Buzzz SS. Its dead balls straight and holds any line you put it on.

Yeti holds up to a lot of power for a tee shot for a strait flight with some glide. And it holds a hyzer or annum once you figure out the nose angle. Had mine for 3 years used every round many times and it still flies like new even though its pro plastic.

Gonna revive this thread and ask that since the Judge has been out for a little while.. are people finding it's good to drive with? I'm still looking for an excuse to buy the pink 175g one at PIA..

I have only thrown it a few times, but it flew well off the tee for me. I just didn't feel that it offered anything more than the Pure (already heavily invested) so I put it up. It scars up easily from the couple trees I've hit with it. I know you wanted someone who has thrown them a lot, but I figured I'd chime in with an initial impression since you've gotten crickets.

I have only thrown it a few times, but it flew well off the tee for me. I just didn't feel that it offered anything more than the Pure (already heavily invested) so I put it up. It scars up easily from the couple trees I've hit with it. I know you wanted someone who has thrown them a lot, but I figured I'd chime in with an initial impression since you've gotten crickets.

Well thank you. This further proves that I need to get an Opto or GL Pure and try it out.

I like a stable to understable putter (ex magnet, aviar p&a) in a plastic at least as stiff as standard dx for most short ups and drives. For drives 150-200 where I put a little mustard on it I usually prefer a more stable to overstable putter (ex challenger, kcpro aviar) in a 'premium' plastic. I don't like champrhyno-overstable putters or faster, flatter putters like the dart as much but all putters are useable imo.

KC Pro Aviar is my fav at the moment. The plastic is hard and grippy so you can really rip into it. It handles wind well and holds a hyzer line very well. I found the star and champion variants a little too slick for my taste.

I throw KC Aviars because I like the wear rate (they beat in at 1/2 the speed) compared to Wizards but both fit my form well. I'd say that Wizards carries another 15-20 ft more than KCs when thrown at same power (but I don't necessarily need that extra carry, it overlaps into my Roc sweet spot).

I've probably already posted in this thread, and I'm positive this is redundant(like most threads here, lol), but the Opto Pure and Yeti Pro Aviar are IMO the best driving putters out there. Both fly faster, longer and straighter than most putters, especially the Pure. I like the Pure on warm and dry days, but I'll pull out the Yeti in colder or wet weather. The extra tackiness of the plastic really helps out. On a good smooth rip with some height I can put both out to and beyond 300ft. A few weeks back i threw the Pure on a hole with the pin in the A position @ 330ft and parked the B position which is closer to 350. Might have had a bit of a tailwind, but I'm always amazed by how far the Pure can fly.