• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
MVP Anode, i have tried them all nothing goes as far or holds lines longer for me. i recommend you try them all and pick the one you like best, that's what i did.. at least try 2-3 different putters.

It's all about that Wizard. Me and my bro Gandalf get all the birdies. Haha. But seriously now, my votes with the Wizard. I dig the G9i's for driving.

MVP Anode, i have tried them all nothing goes as far or holds lines longer for me. i recommend you try them all and pick the one you like best, that's what i did.. at least try 2-3 different putters.

Have to agree. The Anode (Neutron) is the best driving putter I have thrown. High speed stable, great glide, minimal fade.

I've driven with the KcPro BB Aviar, Ion, Pure, Anode, Wizard, Omega SuperSoft, both Blowflys, Pig, Rhyno, VP, and most recently the Ridge.

I have to say that the Ridge is, hands down, the best driving putter I've come across. It can be crushed and will keep a dead straight line with just the ever so slightest bit of trickling fade just as it lays down, and it screeches to a halt. Throw it on a hyzer and it rides the line you nut it on with a big, gnarly bite when it hits Terra firma, then stops dead where it hits. Thrown on an anny it never turns over and burn on you, instead it rides the angle of release with the slightest flattening flex at the end which levels it out enough to fall flat on its rim and never roll out. Its not my go to putter for actual putting as it's a little too grippy and fast for my liking, and it's not my touch approach disc within 150' or so as my perfectly seasoned BB KcPro Aviars fill that role, but for longer upshots and drives to about 250ish feet that I need to make sure don't go skipping and skidding off, it's straight money.

Point. Shoot. Plant.

BTW, I also have really liked Medium Ions for this type of drive and up, but they can sometimes unpredictably glide far beyond their intended target, especially when you're dealing with Oklahoma winds. I haven't had the Ridge get away from me even once. This thing breeds confidence that you can snap it with authority and be sure it hits its mark. It drops unsure strokes like Quagmire drops drawers.

Reeeallly digging the judges... beat soft for short drives and slight turn, firm for full power stable.

I'm mainly a challenger thrower, but I've had a hard time replacing one particular super stable old challenger that was my main driving putter last year. I literally tried about 15 challengers of different runs, and several other putters.... the judge wins for me.

Oh and obviously the zone as an overstable compliment.

My vote, of course, is the Pro Pig.

But now that I'm figuring the Pure out for driving duties, I am finding it more versatile in CERTAIN situations. My issue, I think, is that I've been throwing Pigs for so many years now that I am in a comfort zone. I definetly know what is going to happen when I throw the Pig. Perhaps I will get there with the Pure one day...

A month ago I would of said Wizard.. but I bought an opto Pure a few weeks ago and it changed my mind. I still use my super beat in SSS Wizard for hyzer flips though. I have a feeling in the summer that SSS is gonna be like a SSSSS though lol

Really a toss up for me. I carry an opto pure, a recycled pure and a premium jokeri for driving duties. I drive with putters a lot. I use them all, but in different situations. for the most part I would probably rate them jokeri, recycled, opto. But the recycled pure is new so I might change my mind and rate it higher. So far it is everything I was hoping the opto would be. And I really like the opto. Guess that shows just how good the premium jokeri is. That thing is just fantastic.

Magnet /thread :p

I just feel the magnet can do alot more than the challengers and wizards. They glide farther, better for straight and turnover shots and can hold a hyzer line if you put them on it and don't have a 600 ft arm

I can't agree more. I just put my Soft Magnet back in my bag as my driving putter. It holds any line I put on it, and on a good day, I can send it out 260ft off the tee.