• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
I love the Ridge and it is a good deal more overstable and also a great drive putter, but I have had 2 Summit aces and I can't argue with that. The Summit will turn and burn on you if thrown flat at max speeds but if you throw it right, it's a great driving putter.

I picked up a soft first run judge, and I could drive with it and putt with it very well, until I nailed a tree about 20 feet off the tee. It doesnt work quite the same for driving or putting. Now that they have the firm judges, I may have to pick one up for driving duties.

The soft magic suprised me. I was trying to find a new putter, and my buddy let me try his soft magic. I couldnt putt well with it, but it worked out as a good driver. I never picked one up though.

I used to drive with a Med Wizard, but now that they are no longer legal I picked up an HPP Evo Wizard. I haven't really got the feel for it yet, too OS, once it gets worked in it should be back to business for me.

Im just going to guess that a majority of the "other" are Gateway putters Haha My bad once again for forgetting to throw those up there.

I voted Champ Rhyno. Straight dependable and easy to control fade. It actually holds a great anny line too.

banger gt

This disc pisses me off. I cant get it to glide whatsoever. it just drops. frustrating. but my buddy kills with it.

I've been driving well with pro pigs for hyzer/anny and with the wedge for flip ups or late annys.

This field of molds has been loaded up even more by manufacturers in recent seasons.

I stand by the Envy being the overall best performing driving putter in the game.
It has the HSS of really overstable disc but the LSS of the classic titans of driving putters.
I know it is overkill but I love pairing a 165g N w/ a 175g Soft N as my go to tandem and then bookend that with a bad mammajamma in the Scale.

I voted for the Pure as that is what I drive with most often. 175 Zero Medium. I tried Opto & recycled as well. I like the Zero best.

I also like the Discmania P3. However, they only come in D & C line. If/when Discmania makes a S-line P3 I would bet it will be my new go to.

the Whale is awesome stable to overstable putter that you can power grip and rip off the tee.

XD is my pick, low profile so going from drivers to putter doesn't feel awkward. Also easier to get a good rip on a low profile putter like that. The XD also has a large array of shots it can perform/handle IMO that are easier to achieve than deeper putters. That said I still use Judges and Rhinos off the tee once in a while or for long shots.

Prodigy PA-2 for the win.
images-1.jpg

The most popular driving putter I see around my home course is a P2. I voted other because: Wizard. Keep throwing them and they will beat to straight. I use Rhynos and XDs too. For dead straight, champ XD all day.