• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Pure, Anode or Sole depending on how I'm feeling.
I putt with Wizards but don't like driving with them.
Zones are good but not as versatile as the 3 I mentioned.
I also like BB Aviars, but took mine out of the bag for some reason.

Has anyone ever use the flx challenger as a driver? I use a pro d challenger for short up shots and love it. The flx feels good in my hand and the esp flx plastic seems pretty durable, but I don't want to pop on some if they won't fill the driving putter slot like I want them to.

I think the better question is what putters are NOT good for driving. Because I see a **** ton of opinions on which ones ARE good.

I think the better question is what putters are NOT good for driving. Because I see a **** ton of opinions on which ones ARE good.

Pretty much any putter besides the true lids are good for driving. You can drive with a lid, but it's not going to be as versatile, or good in any kind of wind.

Pretty much any putter besides the true lids are good for driving. You can drive with a lid, but it's not going to be as versatile, or good in any kind of wind.

Not true. You just have to learn them. I've been playing ultimate for 5 years now and I could do just fine with an Ultrastar in wind.

I'll give you that, UPS. IF you want to take the time needed to learn how to drive with a lid. What about a Sonic though? Birdie? Aerobie Arrow!?! Don't tell me those are good for driving also.

I do admit that I was partial to driving short holes with my Zeppelin when it was in the bag. But, I felt it got too squirrely if I put too much mustard on it.

I'll give you that, UPS. IF you want to take the time needed to learn how to drive with a lid. What about a Sonic though? Birdie? Aerobie Arrow!?! Don't tell me those are good for driving also.

I do admit that I was partial to driving short holes with my Zeppelin when it was in the bag. But, I felt it got too squirrely if I put too much mustard on it.
I've been putting in a lot of time with putters and putters only working to develop a decent backhand (I do occasionally throw drivers on longer courses, and they fly great for me). My Opto Pures are straight out of my hand and fade out based on how much height I give them (unintentionally, of course). I've been wanting to try a Rattler for a long time now that I've found a new respect for disc control based off the love they get on here and DGR but can't find them in stores anywhere I look.

I bought a Sonic on a whim just to see how well I could control it/how useful it would be to me. Now, I know a Sonic and Rattler are completely different with the Sonic being much more understable (I think a Polecat is more comparable to a Rattler). Depending on how much hyzer I throw them with, they flip to flat and don't move off that path until they hit the ground up to 200' away.

I played four new courses this holiday season and many were shorter courses that were heavily wooded and short distances. I threw the Sonic off the tee a ton and consistently hit more tunnels/tight gaps than I think I ever have in my life, and these were new courses to me (there was plenty of wind too).

Any disc is able to be thrown off the tee if you take the time to learn it, even Sonics, Birdies, and Arrows. It took me more than seven years to learn that lesson. Hopefully you don't remain as stubborn as I was.

^^^^Well, there you have it. What's the best driving putter? Any one you want it to be.

My driving putters are TFR Champion Classic Roc and Echo Star Dart. I really like the Dart because it just floats to the ground very little fade. Also great for anhyzers. Got my frist ace with that disc on an anhyzer, just floated into the basket.:thmbup:

OP asked for straight driving putter. Pure or Anode are both great choices.

I can't believe someone finally said Classic Roc. I'd say that and a Swan 2. They just feel good in the hand. Wizards, now, feel too deep.

Classic Roc definitely! Very smooth to throw off the tee. And a magic feels great in the hand and glides out beautifully.

Ion & Swan.

Ion for downhill drives and Swan for the woods. I love to use my Ion on top of the world in Santa Cruz. I left this drive inside the 10m circle for a sweet 2.

I'll go ahead and put in a vote for the judge. People say it is a beaded pure, and with so many people voting pure, I think it is a credible candidate. I certainly like it. I have multiple field aces with it already.

I'll go ahead and put in a vote for the judge. People say it is a beaded pure, and with so many people voting pure, I think it is a credible candidate. I certainly like it. I have multiple field aces with it already.

That's the new DD one right? It's really flexy, don't usually like that in putters so don't see myself ever buying one. If I ever get the chance to try it out though, I wouldn't oppose.

That's the new DD one right? It's really flexy, don't usually like that in putters so don't see myself ever buying one. If I ever get the chance to try it out though, I wouldn't oppose.

It's not as flexi as, say, an rff wizard or supersoft magnet. More like a glow aviar. To me, it's just right.

It's not as flexi as, say, an rff wizard or supersoft magnet. More like a glow aviar. To me, it's just right.

Hmm, maybe the ones at PIAS were weird. Haha. Cause the ones I felt, were super bendable. I will say, the black with gold stamp one they had...were BA looking.

I would call mine pretty much exactly like a Soft Magnet. The rim is as flexible as the flightplate which drives me crazy. I have pink and white. The pink is the firmer of the two, but it's still really soft. My OG SSS Wizard (putted with for 3 years exclusively, now my winter putter) is firmer.