• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Getting a better feel for driving my Wizards. Last Wednesday I was only getting them about 150'.. yesterday was getting em between 250' and 275'. Waiting on that Anode to get here, can't wait to rip that thing.

Magnet /thread :p

I just feel the magnet can do alot more than the challengers and wizards. They glide farther, better for straight and turnover shots and can hold a hyzer line if you put them on it and don't have a 600 ft arm
I agree. I use a Soft Magnet as my driving putter

Getting a better feel for driving my Wizards. Last Wednesday I was only getting them about 150'.. yesterday was getting em between 250' and 275'. Waiting on that Anode to get here, can't wait to rip that thing.

What's the secret of your success?

Wow nobody has said a S-P2 by Discmania.... Thats the driving putter in my bag.

I like these too. Great driving putters. They bumped the Challenger out of that spot for a while but its all Anode/Ion off the tee for me now. I love em and the indestructable plastic. Banger GT is one of my favorites as well

I've driven with all kinds of drivers and I have to say one of the best was the Magnet. I don't bag the Magnet currently but I do bag the Opto Pure. That being said the Opto Pure is excellent at driving but it only really shines in the 300-320 range and dead straight. The old Grip line Pures were better overall for backhand putter drives. The Opto does do FH quite well.

The Rhyno is nice but it always made me think Wizard with less glide. And yes the Wizard is nice if you only want straight with a tiny fade. The rim was also too deep for me on the Wizard; my fingers would catch on the rim quite frequently. Still a good driving putter.

The ION is great as well but it is more like the Pure and feels like the Wizard (but shallower). FH isn't as reliable for driving with the ION. I don't like the Anode. It just never quite did it for me.

The Challenger was great but I liked driving the X versions and they are OOP. The BB Aviar molds are nice too they do shape lines fairly well but they have a deep feel to the rim.

The Zone is also a good disc but I found myself getting into more trouble with that disc than I could escape with it. Probably a me thing and not the disc.

But hands down my favorite driving putter is the Polecat, especially a slightly beat one. 250 and in it is a magical frozen rope that just softly finishes dead straight. It can do some awesome turnovers and FH is buttery. It also powers down very nicely.

one of the bad things about putter driving is that putters like to go straight when thrown hard and they can sometimes be finicky in line shaping. so sometimes it's better to throw a more LSS mid on a flex line than a putter.

I still like throwing putters.

I really loved the Cryztal Challenger off the tee, but have been using an Ion lately. Flies farther for me, but I have had to be a little more careful with it's instability compared with my 180g Chal.

Anyone who has an arm will tell you a wizard, stiff wizard that is, or a challenger is the way to go if you want to hold any Kind of line or to have any accuracy at a distance

I'm liking my G9i Wizard, but my Evo Wizard was great as well.

NOT good for driving:
Zeppelin -- I had good luck with it ONCE off the tee, but it's too flippy and doesn't handle wind well at all.

Sinus SP -- beats up too much. Had mine for not even a year and it was badly warped. GREAT putter, especially if you like really soft putters, but not good for driving.

Latest posts