• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEST, I mean the VERY BEST course in Colorado???

I love Colorado Mountain College in Leadville Its not right off I-70, but not too far off 70. All the other ones people suggested are good. In Denver, I would pick Camenisch DGC (Badlands and Blair Witch courses)as the best course.

My thoughts too, on both accounts. If you are on the trip for golf, don't bother with boulder. If you come up here to Fort Collins don't bother with the city courses, but head another 45 min north and play either or both of the red feather lakes courses (sundance and beaver meadows, other beaver not conifer, too many courses named beaver around here.)

Conifer and Leaville would be my choices. I have yet to do phantom falls though, I have heard its the best private course experience to be had.

If you play any of the courses between Glenwood Springs and Denver hit me up. I'd be happy to guide you if I can find the time.

Sorry for the thread jack, but it seems there are a lot of people responding here that are from CO. I have a friend that is coming out to visit me and I want to impress him by taking him to Beaver Ranch in Conifer (he's been playing for a few years). I've only been playing for about 4 weeks now and was wondering what I specifically need to work on to survive this course? We will probably be going in the end of August.

Sorry for the thread jack, but it seems there are a lot of people responding here that are from CO. I have a friend that is coming out to visit me and I want to impress him by taking him to Beaver Ranch in Conifer (he's been playing for a few years). I've only been playing for about 4 weeks now and was wondering what I specifically need to work on to survive this course? We will probably be going in the end of August.

Exercise! It is pretty high elevation and definately on steep slopes. On the shorter holes I would use either a putter or mid for better control. Also this is due to the fact that you are throwin on downhill slopes and you don't want a driver to get away from you. Accuracy is definately needed on many of the holes. I wouldn't worry too much about your scores, rather just enjoy the experience.

This is successful jack in progress.

Agreed with mid or putter for short holes. Also work on throwing it down and everything hyzers out extra far traveling down the slope.

I struggled first several times at high elevation but the third time I had some great throws and a work out that left my legs sore for days.

yea I love the hiking that goes with a lot of these courses, been dwn to Art Dye more and more and thats a great workout hiking course

If you really want to impress him do the "dirty 50"!!

Compete in the Pikes Peak marathon up the mountain - and that should prepare you! :)

What in the heck is the "dirty 50"?

How about the "death by walking 100?" Being a masochist - I decided a few summers ago to hit Johnny Roberts at sunup then made my way to Beaver Ranch and got in almost rounds (started on #12, and then played two discs on the 9-11 before playing 12-20 again. Then I headed out to Phantom Falls for a round. After feeling like I had died upon finishing my round at Phantom - I finished the day hitting Camenisch Park Badlands course. It was 98 holes of exhausting disc golf bliss.

God speed!

Latest posts