• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best iPhone scorecard

udisc is good but dgcaddy has one up on udisc and that is the ability to save your own courses. Many courses change pars or tees or even add holes and just to have that ability to save and change whenever you need is a huge plus if udisc could put that in it would be the best.

udisc is good but dgcaddy has one up on udisc and that is the ability to save your own courses. Many courses change pars or tees or even add holes and just to have that ability to save and change whenever you need is a huge plus if udisc could put that in it would be the best.

this is a big flaw of udisc imho. i tried it and went back to the PDGA app. the problem with udisc is all the courses are stored in a central database and you can't make changes on the fly. so if you show up at a tourny at a course that has 27 holes but only playing 18 holes a round you're screwed. want to track scores on different layouts? tough luck unless you submit each layout for approval which takes a few days.

i have other issues with udisc like the inability to enter hole length and how hard it it to create course maps. all cool features but more "gee wiz."

this is a big flaw of udisc imho. i tried it and went back to the PDGA app. the problem with udisc is all the courses are stored in a central database and you can't make changes on the fly. so if you show up at a tourny at a course that has 27 holes but only playing 18 holes a round you're screwed. want to track scores on different layouts? tough luck unless you submit each layout for approval which takes a few days.

i have other issues with udisc like the inability to enter hole length and how hard it it to create course maps. all cool features but more "gee wiz."

not to mention if u have bad reception there u wont even be able to find the course at all cause it uses gps and also that kills your battery.

What are you looking for the app to do? Just to keep scores, to record and track past rounds, to sync with DGCR, provide course maps, etc. Are you willing to pay?

I use discasauras. It has it's issues but it's free and VERY simply to use. But I mainly use it just to keep scores rather than pencil and paper and occasional I go back and check performance versus previous rounds.

Best - depends on your needs and preferences. It's kind of saying - what's the best putter?

I prefer Easy Scorecard Pro for keeping track of my scores and DGCR mobile for course info if needed.

I've used the PDGA app. Does what it needs to do, but could use some improvements on the sorting of past rounds.

I'll second discasaurus for a free, easy option. A little basic, but not overwhelming with features. It just keeps score.

What are you looking for the app to do? Just to keep scores, to record and track past rounds, to sync with DGCR, provide course maps, etc. Are you willing to pay?

I use discasauras. It has it's issues but it's free and VERY simply to use. But I mainly use it just to keep scores rather than pencil and paper and occasional I go back and check performance versus previous rounds.

Best - depends on your needs and preferences. It's kind of saying - what's the best putter?

I want something where it's basically. I'm thinking about playing "John Doe" course so I'm able to pull up a little information on it and get my scorecard ready to go. Maybe has the known course layout, and that saves my score so whenever i decide to go there the next time i can compare my stats

I want something where it's basically. I'm thinking about playing "John Doe" course so I'm able to pull up a little information on it and get my scorecard ready to go. Maybe has the known course layout, and that saves my score so whenever i decide to go there the next time i can compare my stats

i like the PDGA app. it has a few bugs and it sorts past rounds in a weird way, but it does what you're looking for. you can modify par and hole length info and it saves the information for future rounds.

PDGA app needs ALOT of improvements for the 4.99 you spend on it. If I could refund and go with something else, I would. It can search for courses that are in their database. You can change pars for each hole...but it keeps it like that until you change it back (so if a hole is long and a par 4...and it changes back to a short par 3...you need to change it or it will stay a 4), which kinda blows. You can add alot of rounds, calculate round ratings (on databased courses), and have multiple players. But that is about it.

If they would do a major update to it, it could be hands down the best. I would like to see a tourney section, so you can search for tourneys. Possibly add more courses to their database, keep a record section for you best scores at each course or something like that. But as of now...dont waste that much money on it when there are cheaper/better apps out there.

I've tried easyscorecard pro, discasaurus and uDisc. All that's left on my phone is uDisc. It has tons of bells and whistles that I rarely use, but it has some neat stuff too, like the shot measurement and the stats.

It doesn't suck data/battery for GPS if you use it for courses that you frequent either. You can select "Recent Courses" on the scorecard menu and it doesn't have to go the GPS route.

I don't understand somebody's comments above that you can't set up a temp. course easily in uDisc such as for a tourney, etc. That's flat out not true. The current version of the app lets you do just that. You tap "Scorecard" then "Temporary Course", tell it what you want to call the course, and how many holes and you're off and running.

I don't understand somebody's comments above that you can't set up a temp. course easily in uDisc such as for a tourney, etc. That's flat out not true. The current version of the app lets you do just that. You tap "Scorecard" then "Temporary Course", tell it what you want to call the course, and how many holes and you're off and running.

that was me and i'm glad the issue was addressed. this feature wasn't there when i used the app so i'll have to give udisc another try. when i tried it before it didn't seem flexible enough.

Not sure what you mean here. UDisc allows you to change pars whenever you want.

At my home course there aren't alternate tees (yet), but on several holes they have alternate pin locations. On #7, the alternate pin changes the par from a 4 to a 3. I've never had a problem changing this in UDisc. I just tap on "par" on that hole, it brings up scrolling numbers, and I switch it to whatever it is that day.

The creator of UDisc is also really quick to get back to you if you have an issue or an idea. The customer support is, in my experience, top-shelf.

Basically from what i gather most people are leaning towards udisc and the majority that have the pdga has a bunch of bugs. Udisc it is! Have a mini tomorrow so i'll get a perfect chance to try it 73Degrees and Sunny!!!!

I have udisc and discasaurus

Udisc has a great interface and can upload the scorecard to Facebook easily.

I've had Discasaurus since it first came out and what I like about it is the best free scoring app out there. I think it rates up there with Udisc.

The plus for Discasaurus is your website profile that keeps every score you post to it. After a while you can track your scoring averages. Udisc does that also but I'm pretty sure that feature is only through the app.

They are both great scoring apps.

Latest posts