• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best Putter in windy conditions?

If you're a push/lob putter, any substantial wind will eat you alive and there isn't a disc out there that will make it any easier.

My experience exactly. :doh:

Gonna have to put some spin on them and really pay attention to your nose angle.

How often do experienced players change spin and nose angle with regard to wind? Is it normal or exceptional?

How often do experienced players change spin and nose angle with regard to wind? Is it normal or exceptional?

Pretty normal. Especially for pitch putters. You have to spin it more into a headwind and make sure you don't get the nose up in a tailwind.

Any slow LOW GLIDE disc will be best for windy days. I had the best luck with a Reptilian Disc Golf SERPENT, SCALE or Element discs IRIDIUM -> They are slow and low glide so the wind doesn't bounce it up and down much and they're slow so if it gets squirrely it wont go far. I like a Max weight fresh serpent personally, the more OS discs, the Iridium and scale work well but if the wing lifts up in the wind the OS nature may take it on a left hook to OB'sville haha. the Serpent for me has been my most trusty WIND putter, but if you need more fade I go with an IRIDIUM mainly the feel and fade. those are my votes