• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter of all time and why?

JohnE - his turbo is a weapon practically no one else has.

Oh, you're asking about discs.
Aviar - without looking, I can still be pretty confident that no other putter has been used to win as many world championships.

Kinda hard to narrow it down to just 1, but I'd say Aviar probably takes it if you're willing to count KC and Yeti pros under the same umbrella. You could make an argument for Wizard or P2 also

Hah, well ain't this gunna be a crap shoot. Someone volunteering to tally everything, like what usually happens?

Putting: Judge.
Throwing: probably the Envy… but I'll say Reko, as I think it is more versatile.

Whatever putter ends up in the basket for me.

Seriously, I've tried different putters and some work for me some days and others work other days.

Innova XT Nova
Legacy Clutch
Gateway Wizard
Viking Knife
Prodigy P Model S
Innova Birdie
Innova Aviar/AviarX3

So far, I haven't found that elusive putter that just works in all situations, all the time.

Envy. But I hate it for putting.

If we're talking people then I'll lean towards Wysocki. But, I might lean towards Eagle if we're going off of recent track record.

Seriously, I've tried different putters and some work for me some days and others work other days.
So far, I haven't found that elusive putter that just works in all situations, all the time.

The above is true for me as well. Some of my favorites has been.
Dagger
KC Pro Aviar
Deputy
Fierce
ION
Pig

Hah, well ain't this gunna be a crap shoot. Someone volunteering to tally everything, like what usually happens?

Putting: Judge.
Throwing: probably the Envy… but I'll say Reko, as I think it is more versatile.

its been asked a time or two before

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3998
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127495
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135581
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138675

but you know screw searching for something

Dagger.

But really, pick one and stick with it. You should strive to develop a positive relationship with your money maker, whether you make all of your putts (you won't) or not.

This 1000%

I've gone through 5 putter molds in the last 10 months and now have at least 40 practice putters across the molds.

7 Manzanitas
10 Lunas
4 Roaches
10 Fierces
14 Challengers
In addition I've got premium plastic variants of the 3 most populous molds.

2 Challengers (Cryztal and ESP)
2 Lunas (Cryztal and Big Z)
7 Fierces (Cryztal, 2 Big Z, Cryztal FLX, 2 '21 TS, GLO,)

I've spent $500+ on putters this year and my putting has improved very little if at all.

Since this has already been asked and asked and asked some more I'll just interject with what I like and why.

Viking Discs Rune, in Ground plastic. Really really close to a Judge as far as the feel of the mold but the plastic is waaaaaaay better than anything DD offers. Viking gets their plastics from DuPont in Germany and the Ground plastic is an absolute velvety/squeaky/rubbery masterpiece that just clings to chains but won't stick in your hand and is still stiff/firm. Can't get enough, just an awesome combo of mold/plastic.

Since this has already been asked and asked and asked some more I'll just interject with what I like and why.

Viking Discs Rune, in Ground plastic. Really really close to a Judge as far as the feel of the mold but the plastic is waaaaaaay better than anything DD offers. Viking gets their plastics from DuPont in Germany and the Ground plastic is an absolute velvety/squeaky/rubbery masterpiece that just clings to chains but won't stick in your hand and is still stiff/firm. Can't get enough, just an awesome combo of mold/plastic.

Thread drift.

Does anyone in these forums know for a fact that Viking Discs manufactures their own discs? Because I think some of their molds look suspiciously similar to Yikun Discs molds.
For instance, I have held a Viking Cosmos and a Yikun View side by side. They appear to be the same mold, same kind of plastic, and have identical tooling on the underside.

Reko K3

Runner-up: P Model S

I realize these are both relatively newer models, and can't compete with the history/legends of Aviar, Wizard and the like. But if you like a flat top shallow putter, these two fit the bill.