• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Street Name for a Disc Golf Course

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Okay, I've played several courses that had "fake" street signs up to provide a fun disc golf "street name." But yesterday took the cake. I bagged a little elementary school course at Deep Creek Elementary School in Chesapeake, VA. Driving in to the school, Google maps tells me (okay, I have it muted, but this sounds better) "turn right on Forehand Drive." This is basically a one-way street that goes directly into the elementary school parking lot and front entrance.

I very much doubt that this name has its origins in disc golf, and I am very curious where it came from. Tennis fan? Racquetball? No way it's a disc golfer who named this, right?

To be fair, the only "forehand drives" I threw on this pitch-and-putt course were while I played some safari holes after finishing. Not a whole lot of distance here, folks...

Have you seen any more appropriate street names for a disc golf course?

Okay, I've played several courses that had "fake" street signs up to provide a fun disc golf "street name." But yesterday took the cake. I bagged a little elementary school course at Deep Creek Elementary School in Chesapeake, VA. Driving in to the school, Google maps tells me (okay, I have it muted, but this sounds better) "turn right on Forehand Drive." This is basically a one-way street that goes directly into the elementary school parking lot and front entrance.

I very much doubt that this name has its origins in disc golf, and I am very curious where it came from. Tennis fan? Racquetball? No way it's a disc golfer who named this, right?

To be fair, the only "forehand drives" I threw on this pitch-and-putt course were while I played some safari holes after finishing. Not a whole lot of distance here, folks...

Have you seen any more appropriate street names for a disc golf course?

I'm guessing it is named after this guy:

Judge V. Thomas Forehand Jr.

Retired judge and former Va. Del. Forehand dies

The course is not on the road itself, but it is the main one you take to get there...

Circle Drive, in Colorado Springs. Never thought about it until reading this post lol.

The course is not on the road itself, but it is the main one you take to get there...

Circle Drive, in Colorado Springs. Never thought about it until reading this post lol.

Well, the school address is on it. But yes, I recommend avoiding Forehand Drive all together, in this course at least. The bend on Margaret Booker is way better and also with ample parking, though by the end of the course.

I've driven by "Fairway Drive" on the way to Disc Golf courses before.

Although the name doesn't make you think of disc golf (unless you already know of these courses), the owner of the Whippin' Post and Woodshed had the street named "Whipping Post Way."

You can even navigate to Whipping Post Way in Google Maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-200101.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-200101.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7
NVM Bogey beat me to it.

My favorite for disc golf "Free Parking Drive". Note that in Dulles, Virginia near all the aerospace companies and Dulles Airport is my favorite street name ever - Warp Drive

Hyzer rd. Michigan
Hyzer hill rd. New York
Honest pleasure. Illinois

Are there any courses on or just off of those roads? If not, THEY need to start drawing up some plans. ;)

Last edited:
Are there any courses on or just off of those roads? If not, THEY need to start drawing up some plans. ;)

Not that I know of. I wasn't sure what direction the op was going. The only street I've been on in that list was "honest pleasure" in Naperville Illinois.

The street sign right before you turn into Highbridge Hills says Chuck D. Kennedy Drive (designer of all the courses) which is pretty neat.

space-jam-bugs-bunny.gif

Latest posts