• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Best Teebird Knock-Off

This disc is a good alternative. The teebird is amazing disc for sure. Just saying there are options and this is the best I've found.
picture.php

Last edited:
Axiom Craves are probably what I'd throw if TeeBirds suddenly stopped being made, they're great seasoned TeeBird

I tried out a VIP Stag that flew just like one of my worn in DX Teebirds: incredibly straight and glidey. I actually overthrew my target by about 30 feet because of the glide and the relatively straight finish.

Legacy Rival is supposed to be a pretty straight-up Teebird clone.
Can't personally verify this (Eagle man myself) but there is one local pro who does magical things with his pinnacle Rival...and he says it's a Teebird.

+1 for the Rival. Icon Rivals are the closest things I have found to the old (pre-avery/pre-flight era) star Teebirds. The AJ Teebirds that are out there now just aren't the same to me off the shelf. I find they are generally just a bit too OS for what I am looking for in a primary speed 7 workhorse fairway. I'm not going to say the Rival is better or worse than a Teebird but it's pretty darn close with the added bonus that they are readily available in stores for normal prices.

Teebirds.....pft. Who needs 'em? lol

Rival is the only thing that is pretty much the same to me. I have never owned one, but any time I have tried them they fly the exact same as the Teebirds I like (not beefy, but not turning). Kind of like the Gstar Teebird or worn Star Teebird flight but in normal premium plastic (compared to GStar).

LEGACY RIVAL! FTW

Rival all day. From decently overstable to fairly neutral, just like various Teebirds, but better plastic.

Longer TeeBird: S-PD, Thunderbird
Different TeeBird: I have no real experience in this category beyond a VIP Stag and a really beefy Mantis, the River Pro I have is almost a mini Felon
Shorter TeeBird: Roc, Roc3, Verdict, Pine, Shark3, Z or Ti Buzzz

I throw 4 TeeBirds and have almost always had a TeeBird since my first Echo Star in my bag. There really isn't a replacement, merely a various stops on the circle track that is throwing TeeBirds.

If it ain't broke, keep beating it until it is and you'll know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The VIP Stag is like a super glidey TB,

I've got a GM buddy that uses a VIP Stag for his Teebird lines. Super easy to hyzer flip but still has a decent fade at the end. Not a TB, IMO unless your comparing it to DX.

The longbowman is without a doubt a better version of the tbird.

Love the Longbowman, they fit great between my Firebirds and Teebirds just a touch more stable than my seasoned Eagle for wind fighting ability.

I bag fresh to beat QJLSs for straight to turnover, a Legend Rival for stable straight, two 11x KC Pro TBs for go straight to fade depending on the wind, then a 166 Tournament Longbowman for will not flip unless moderated headwind up to 375', VIP Longbowman for lazer flicks without much if any fade depending on the wind, bookended with a couple Firebirds (one workable, one utility.)

I was wondering why anyone would mess with Volts when there are so many good Teebirds out there....

I thought Volts were speed 10 (2.0cm) where Teebirds were speed 7 (1.7cm.)

I suppose a lot of folks need the extra speed to get distance but when I power down my faster discs they fade harded which is completely opposite of what Teebirds sets the standard for, stable straight with little to no fade once seasoned.

Im still confused why anyone would throw a tb when they could just throw a volt?

Because the volt only mimics the garbage flight of a fresh champ bird?

It is nice that you can grab a fresh teebird off the shelf for the healthy fade but that is only a couple shots a round. The real magic is in the beat in teebird that goes dead straight start to finish with 400' of range.

I've got a GM buddy that uses a VIP Stag for his Teebird lines. Super easy to hyzer flip but still has a decent fade at the end. Not a TB, IMO unless your comparing it to DX.
)

Depends on the run you have. Some are just as you describe, and others are more Eagle like. I would never say that a Stag is able to go straight to fade the exact same way a Teebird is, but I have no problem saying that it's a straight up better Eagle L, and that those disc occupy the same bag space.

I thought Volts were speed 10 (2.0cm) where Teebirds were speed 7 (1.7cm.)

I suppose a lot of folks need the extra speed to get distance but when I power down my faster discs they fade harded which is completely opposite of what Teebirds sets the standard for, stable straight with little to no fade once seasoned.

Volts supposedly have an 8.5 cm rim I believe (so "speed" 8.5). I have only a little experience with Volts, but then again a LOT of the discs people are suggesting as Teebird clones or better Teebirds in this thread have wider rims than a Teebird. The lure of marketing seems to keep a lot of manufacturers away from making true speed 7 molds like the Teebird. You might not like Prodigy, but at least one thing I think they did right was make a set of true speed 7 fairway drivers early on before making any hybrid speed 9/10's. Back when I threw their F series protos, I thought the F2 was very creditable Teebird clone.