• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Waterproof Socks

Not sure what waterproof boots are but my biggest gripe is water reaching my toes. I found that all leather boots conditioned regularly and wearing one pair of cotton socks seems to get me through a round dry. Also spraying my feet with antiperspirant helps avoid sweating feet. Moreover a pedicure never hurt anybody.

I know math and logic are hard, but when you ride out to a destination and back,...

half the ride is uphill, half is downhill. ⏰��

It is a reference to the cultural meme of "Boy, when I was your age I had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways"

Jokes are never as funny when you have to explain them.

Can someone give me a quick "love" review for Darn Tough? This enthusiasm warrants investigation. Why do you love 'em?

The best solution I have found is an extra pair of shoes and socks. Just get wet, don't worry about it, have a dry pair ready to go for halftime.

This has always been my philosophy. I feel like waterproofing is not something for socks, but it's probably worth considering on boots or shoes. I don't even both getting waterproofing for shoes, because I'd rather sacrifice some dryness for comfort or agility. But if I plan on lots of disc golf or a two round tournament, I always bring an extra (dry) pair of socks and shoes.

I've been using Seal Skinz for 7 years and Randy Sun for 4. Both have held up well against multiple washings and DG abuse.
I ordered RandySun on Amazon. I use the waterproof socks when I don't feel like wearing the Goretex shoes as they are a bit heavier than other shoes.

Can someone give me a quick "love" review for Darn Tough? This enthusiasm warrants investigation. Why do you love 'em?

This has always been my philosophy. I feel like waterproofing is not something for socks, but it's probably worth considering on boots or shoes. I don't even both getting waterproofing for shoes, because I'd rather sacrifice some dryness for comfort or agility. But if I plan on lots of disc golf or a two round tournament, I always bring an extra (dry) pair of socks and shoes.

Yep, agreed. I do like the Gortex Addidas Terrex shoes, they are a nice compromise between a runner and a boot. Like I mentioned previously, I think the waterproof liner actually works best for insulation in the cold weather more so than being waterproof. They are really nice on days when it's in the 40s/50's because they're definitely warmer than regular trainers and a lot lighter than boots.

Once the snow falls and temps go into the 30s I gotta have some boots though.

It is a reference to the cultural meme of "Boy, when I was your age I had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways"

Jokes are never as funny when you have to explain them.

No, I got it. But I wasn't exaggerating, which is what you're "joke" is dependent on. A point for the reference, though. ��

No bread bags mentioned?
Post #17 ;)

Looks like Darn Tough should sponsor some disc golfers! I literally wear no other brand of socks but Darn Tough. Have had to send a few pairs back, but they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty, so once they receive the socks they send you a voucher to order a new pair online. So rad! Can't believe I EVER wore cotton socks.

Missed the edit window...

Wool is inherently much better at temperature/moisture regulation. They'll keep your feet warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm. Because they're a wool blend, they tend to mix the best properties of wool and synthetic knits, which "just work" to keep everything regulated. They actively work to wick moisture from inside your sock to the outside, which helps them dry very quickly when they get wet (from outside moisture or sweaty feet) They're truly year round socks. They offer many cushion thickness options, as well as lots of different length options. Finally, as I mentioned above, they have a lifetime guarantee. All love from me!

I don't always understand the dislike for waterproof shoes. I've worn North Face, Adidas, and now Skechers waterproof shoes as my wear everyday, everywhere shoes for years now. I don't even really notice a difference. Other than my feet are always dry. Which is nice.

As someone who golfs where it rains like 200 days a year, I'll give a +1 for wool socks. Even the Kirkland wool blend from Costco work fine. I do have one pair of smart wool and they're amazing.

+1 but for Merino wool specifically. Amazing type.

Also would recommend Merrell waterproof shoes, but can see it being too heavy for some people. I have a pair ONLY for DG and take them off the minute I get back to the car. Does wonders for lifespan.

Latest posts