• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Waterproof Socks

PBizme

I've been wearing Salomon Speedcross 4 shoes which I like, but they're becoming less effective at keeping the water out and I'm wondering if some waterproof socks might be a better way to keep my feet dry long term.

There's lots of options out there from brands that I'm not familiar with. Does anyone have specific models which have held up well?

Sealskins have worked pretty well for me, but wear something wicking underneath them, they get pretty toasty

I've been wearing Salomon Speedcross 4 shoes which I like, but they're becoming less effective at keeping the water out and I'm wondering if some waterproof socks might be a better way to keep my feet dry long term.

There's lots of options out there from brands that I'm not familiar with. Does anyone have specific models which have held up well?

Have you tried hitting those shoes with a coat of scotchguard or something similar?

Everything I know about outdoorsmanship tells me that water proof socks are a terrible idea. The goal is always to get the moisture away from your body, which waterproof socks would completely prevent. I suppose you could wear waterproof demi-socks with vertically wicking socks underneath that would show out the top, but even then I would assume swamp foot would ensue.

I wear lightweight runners wool blend socks in the summer and medium weight hiking wool blend socks in the winter. If it is super cold, I wear wool hunting socks.

I have tried different brands but I like "Fit" socks the best.

I agree that water proof socks are a bad idea, so are water proof shoes in most situations. The times that a water proof shoe would be helpful, one should be wearing boots anyway.

Sealskins have worked pretty well for me, but wear something wicking underneath them, they get pretty toasty

I've got a couple of pairs of Sealskinz and they've lasted me quite a while. They're super warm, and have never leaked despite soaking wet shoes.

Very warm. I wear my normal wool winter socks whenever I wear the 'skinz...I don't think they'd be real comfortable without another pair of socks.

Agree 100%. I still own and enjoy a bunch of SmartWool socks, and I'd be happy to get more as a gift. But if I'm dropping my own coin on some expensive socks, they'll be Darn Tough.

My family thought I was insane spending what I did on Darn Tough socks.
Until they wore them.
They all put them on their xmas lists now.

As someone who golfs where it rains like 200 days a year, I'll give a +1 for wool socks. Even the Kirkland wool blend from Costco work fine. I do have one pair of smart wool and they're amazing.

After reading about the brand "Darn Tough" on DGCR I tried a pair, then picked up a couple more , and a couple more and now I couldn't tell you the last time ( I would bet at least 4 years) I wore socks that were not Darn Tough".

All my boots for disc golf have GorTex and if it is going to be positively wet, I might go with GorTex socks for extra protection.

The best solution I have found is an extra pair of shoes and socks. Just get wet, don't worry about it, have a dry pair ready to go for halftime.

But yeah, synthetic socks all day

I got a pair of Randy Sun Water proof sock for this past Christmas but only wore them 5 or 6 times. During cold weather they have worked out great - playing golf in the snow; hanging out at Cincinnati Bengals games and this past Ace Race were it was high 50's and raining the only part of me dry was my feet.

I will be trying the socks under them as stated previously. But worry about 2 pairs of socks and waterproof shoes getting hot

I would recommend the socks but I just ordered some Darn Tough based on the above too.

I think everyone is a little different - I have a buddy who wears a coat to play while I am in shorts and tall warm socks. You have to find out what works for you

i have used Seal Skinz for years and years and they have gotten much more comfortable and durable over that time. Never crossed my mind to wear them without another pair of socks underneath though.

I think everyone is a little different - I have a buddy who wears a coat to play while I am in shorts and tall warm socks. You have to find out what works for you

50 degrees out and the crazy bastard puts on a friggin parka. I don't know how he does it.

Latest posts