• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bill Allen DGC, The Colony, TX 18 holes?

it's not so much that the current teeboxes are terrible, i like the concrete. but they are a bit short and the poles are in the wrong place for lots of players. i heard when i first started this thread that they were taking the concret out and having mulch like teeboxes....i dont like that

Im with ya, the boxes are short, but I have never played on mulch, or heard anything good about it for that matter, but I guess I'm interested

The mulch wont make it long dont worry, then they will just be dirt

this is from my PARD contact, when i asked him about the start date:

We had PDGA state coordinator of Texas do a walk through for safety and he like the layout. Hole 5 is 600 ft plus. We will start with the old 9 first then go to the new holes when it gets colder. We probably start this month. Call my cell phone xxx-xxx-xxxx we can talk about it more in deep.

Is there any word on plans to maybe clear out or at least cut down the reeds in the pond that 6 will throw over? Just a preliminary look at it gave me the impression that the pond will be a black hole for discs.

Just throw over it and you wont have to worry about it

Then you have nothing to worry about:)

over the weekend, benches and some posts were put in for the additional 9. so things are moving forward in this process

baskets and they started some clearout in the woods but the had some mechanical issues with the tractor. Finish time is said to be January

well its been almost 3 weeks and I've seen nothing else happen. Anyone have any more info. Maybe Gary Duke could give us an update?

Any progress? I'm headed up that way this weekend to visit family. I'm hoping to get a round or two in while I'm up there.

well its been almost 3 weeks and I've seen nothing else happen. Anyone have any more info. Maybe Gary Duke could give us an update?

nope, lol, you are the "go to" guy on this one bro. Send the P&R another email or something.

Well I'll bring my discs up there tomorrow just in case it is finished. I'll let ya'll know whats up when I get back home sunday or monday.

well there is already a nice little 9 hole course, this thread was in regards to the additional 9 being installed

Latest posts