• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bird's Nest Tournament Layout

TalbotTrojan

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I am playing in an upcoming tournament where I will play one round at Bird's Nest in Arvada, CO. I am trying to figure out how they change the 24+ holes into 18 for tournaments. Which holes are longer or do they just cut some holes out? If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it.

I would imagine that you just play the first 18 holes. The other bonus holes 19-24 were added on later to the course, and don't have proper tees and such for a tourney.

I heard there's a bunch of non-standard mandos at J-Bobs for this tourney too:
-hole 3 has normal left of tree mando
-hole 5 has double mando between obvious gap in trees directly ahead of tee
-hole 12 is mando left of BIG tree by pin (not sure if this one is true, heard a rumor but would never go right of that tree anyway)
-hole 16 mando right of tree to take away lefty and FH hyzer shot over the basketball court and make it a tunnel shot.

I will show you them on Friday.

Hmm, that makes some sense. Then again formal tees haven't always been an issue in tournaments before. I have seen teh mandos on holes 3 and 5 at J-Bob. 12 and 16 I have not seen but that was back at the Spring Fling in April and I did take the RHFH Hyzer Route over the BBall court, kinda. 12 makes no sense to me at all though, it is harder to be on that side of the tree anyways and I would say make people go to the right of it. I have seen other mandos there as well but can't quite come up with them. I remember something on 13.

Talking to Mr. Condor himself on Saturday at least one of the holes will be a new hole located in the SE corner of the course. He was installing new tees and pins on Saturday.

Talking to Mr. Condor himself on Saturday at least one of the holes will be a new hole located in the SE corner of the course. He was installing new tees and pins on Saturday.

I guess it really doesn't matter if I go play the course now as it is then. I probably still will though.

Awesome, thanks for posting this. Just printed it out to take a closer look, but will be great to know what we're playing.

We are going to have a lot of fun next weekend! I am going to take a day off work this week to practice... Are you? See you Saturday if not before.

Latest posts