• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creating a private course layout on udisc

Steilacoom in Tacoma was like that---38 baskets, 45 or so teepads, and at least 5 different layouts. The one time I stopped to play I met a local and we played "his" 18. Fortunately not many others on the course, but we did have to wait a few times for our intersections with the others.

Apply to become an Ambassador for your course and you'll be able to set up your basic layout and then add alternate layouts.

but not private ones just for you. Many courses don't even have ambassadors and anyone can update layouts...but they won't be private just for you to use.

Can you create your "own" course and keep it private?

If it's publicly visible, it'll only cause trouble for visitors.

UDisc doesn't like you creating courses in locations where courses already exist on UDisc. They prevent you from doing so. At one point I was having massive troubles with UDisc on my private course. It wouldn't let me add layouts, or change the existing...it was basically bugging out so I tried to make a new course...wouldn't let me do that either. Eventually UDisc had to resolve it.

Apply to become an Ambassador for your course and you'll be able to set up your basic layout and then add alternate layouts.

I'm pretty sure you DO NOT have to be an Ambassador to add a layout that shows up for everyone to see. This is why some courses have soooo many layouts. :wall:

I think you have to be an Ambassador to submit Smart layouts or to delete random layouts that people added.

I'm pretty sure you DO NOT have to be an Ambassador to add a layout that shows up for everyone to see. This is why some courses have soooo many layouts. :wall:

I think you have to be an Ambassador to submit Smart layouts or to delete random layouts that people added.
Now that they have Smart Layouts, I don't believe you can create a new layout under the old layout creating process anymore. The course now has to be updated using Smart Layouts.

but not private ones just for you. Many courses don't even have ambassadors and anyone can update layouts...but they won't be private just for you to use.
Once you're an Ambassador, you can create semi-private layouts by simply not making the layout "Active". So, unless someone digs into the inactive layout list, it won't be seen. I'm also not sure just anyone can activate an inactive layout. It may have to be an Ambassador like a TD other than the course owner/designer.

I haven't found a way to create a custom map on Udisc, but you can use the Infinite Disc scorecard app to create as many different routings as you want, might have to use that. UDisc does seem to have the maps and layouts locked up so the average user can't alter them.

Now that they have Smart Layouts, I don't believe you can create a new layout under the old layout creating process anymore. The course now has to be updated using Smart Layouts.

Ahhh, that make sense.
Someone made a "9 hole glow round" layout on a local course last summer, but I just saw that the course doesn't have anyone signed up as Ambassador yet so it doesn't have any Smart layouts yet.

Latest posts