• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Hahaha, tried to warn you. But you just put me down. Merry Christmas guys...Get your money back!

What is it with people and the desire to say "I told you so." Nobody cares if you're a pessimist. Sometimes it works for the better, sometimes you miss out because of it.. either way, nobody cares.

Not at anyone in general, just seen quite a few posts in this and mystery box threads where people seem to want to say over and over and over and over again that they knew people would get made over online deals.

My 150g TeeDevil did not handle the wind as much as I would have liked, but my 154g Destroyer absolutely laughed in the face of a headwind and still drove further than I normally would. Not my all time greatest throw, but some of the easiest throws I have made to get that distance.

My 150g TeeDevil did not handle the wind as much as I would have liked, but my 154g Destroyer absolutely laughed in the face of a headwind and still drove further than I normally would. Not my all time greatest throw, but some of the easiest throws I have made to get that distance.

Scott threw some impressive shots with the Blizzard discs in 20-25mph swirly crosswinds. That first shot on 16 in particular. No telling how far it might have sailed had it not hit the tree past the basket. However, the shot straight into the headwind on 9 was funny! Maybe that was the Teedevil.

They're definitely interesting discs. I won't be ordering any F2s online but I'd pick up a few Blizzard Destroyers if I could fondle 'em first and they felt all right. They'd have a good product on their hands if they could perfect the manufacturing process.

Scott threw some impressive shots with the Blizzard discs in 20-25mph swirly crosswinds. That first shot on 16 in particular. No telling how far it might have sailed had it not hit the tree past the basket. However, the shot straight into the headwind on 9 was funny! Maybe that was the Teedevil.

They're definitely interesting discs. I won't be ordering any F2s online but I'd pick up a few Blizzard Destroyers if I could fondle 'em first and they felt all right. They'd have a good product on their hands if they could perfect the manufacturing process.

Not so impressed with how the TeeDevil handled that wind. Hole 9 (Acorn) second time through was the TeeDevil and it landed half way between Hole 16's basket and tee. I have been there before, so I do not how much can be blamed on the wind, disc, and or form. However, during round 1 I threw a 173g VIP Sword and it held the line perfectly, if not my best throw there ever, definitely in the top 5.

Both times on Hole 16, fighting a very strong head/ cross wind, the Destroyer really owned that hole. As you mentioned, the first time it clipped a tree fairly high up, knocking it down only 30-35 feet beyond the basket. The second round it had a clean but straighter and lower flight, landing about 35-40 feet past.

Now it has me thinking, going into that kind of wind would add some understability to the disc, how would it fly in calm conditions? Farther, more stable? Either way, I was really impressed with the Destroyer.

I really should not, but I am contemplating buying another.

FWIW, I thought there was a R to L tail/cross wind on 16 and 18. I threw my beat to hell P-PD 25' left of the pin on 16 without ever flipping past flat and a Nuke on 18. I was relying on the crosswind to stable out and carry my flippy discs. Didn't look like the Destroyer was very beefy to me, but I didn't get to throw it.

THE TEEDEVIL IS NOT A HEADWIND DISC

I do not have enough throws on it to confirm or deny this. However, I was under the impression that the TeeDevil was supposed to be Innova's version of Westside's Sword. The Sword has more than enough HSS to keep it flying right in a headwind.

The basket for Hole 9 was in its winter spot, putting it around 400-420ish. Into the headwind I got the Sword almost basket high, just 40 feet to the left. I would say that the TeeDevil did about 450 feet in the air but was at least 100 feet right of the landing area and about 100 feet short of the basket. The way it appeared when coming out of my hand it looked like it should have been WAY more to the right, so it must have fought back a little at the end.

I just received two Blizzard Champion discs today, and was able to test them out. Both are 152g.. a Destroyer (marked DS) and a Teedevil (marked DV). I'll try to post a pic or two of them later, but while the Teedevil molded pretty much spot-on, the Destroyer has a *huge* dome, making it quite a bit less stable than the Teedevil. :p

The big thing I noticed when throwing them wasn't the distance (they didn't seem anything special in that regard, maxing out at about the same distance as my usual drivers), but the effortless distance. With less-than-100% power I could definitely throw them farther than my usual ~170g drivers. It was a nice bit of relief, as I was throwing a ton of plastic, trying to break in all the new discs. :p

i have had no luck with being able to get a consistent release off of a 150 class disc(or lighter) but i can dig the idea of i 140g destroyer that would hold up and still be stable because it seems like it would go forever with a tailwind!!

I do not have enough throws on it to confirm or deny this. However, I was under the impression that the TeeDevil was supposed to be Innova's version of Westside's Sword.

Huh?
Teedevil protos existed before the sword was even molded up...i saw one meself.

and I seriously doubt any westside disc has ever even registered on innova's radar.

Not saying ^ to argue...just a bit confused.
Ftr: Swords > all anyhow, regardless of what came first

Last edited:
you can polish a turd but guess what...it is still a turd...just a little shinier

Huh?
Teedevil protos existed before the sword was even molded up...i saw one meself.

and I seriously doubt any westside disc has ever even registered on innova's radar.

Not saying ^ to argue...just a bit confused.
Ftr: Swords > all anyhow, regardless of what came first

Interesting, and I did not know that. At the time the TeeDevil was released its comparison to a Sword was the first thing I heard about it. I am committed to the Sword/ King combo so I did not jump on the TeeDevil when I first had the chance.

I will admit that I fell victim to juding a disc based upon false expectations of how it should fly. Redardless, what I have seen out of it that it does not fit into my bag. Turning over so greatly into a headwind using my normal throwing technique only sealed the deal.

The Blizzard Destroyer, however, well that was just awesome and I may have find a space for it.

I had the chance to throw a Blizzard Wraith at 150 gm on nearly every hole while playing a round today. These are not nearly as stable as I stated in my previous review. The heavy tailwind I was throwing in must have been causing the heavy fade. Today any time I turned this over, it held the line nearly all the way to the ground. If thrown on a high line it would start to come out of it, but I would still say they are considerably less stable than regular Champ Wraiths. Very effortless distance with these, I was throwing a Pro Wraith as my mine distance driver and outdrove it with the Blizzard disc almost every time I got a good rip. I'm really glad I hoarded these now, I see them becoming one of my main distance discs!

Just to throw this out, I now have three Blizzard Destroyers and I really like them. However, when I first started trying them out, I really wanted to try a Boss because when comparing their regular plastics I had better results from a Star Boss than a Pro Destroyer. So, when the Factory Store restocked the other day and some Bosses became available, I snatched them up so I can try them out. I am very interested in seeing what their "unique" color is since there were only two when I ordered.