• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Wow, are you trolling me now too? What would my point be to come here and exaggerate about my distance?

Nah, my only point was your post read like you were sorta disappointed when, to me, throwing 440' golf shots with back/hip pain and not being practiced sounds like a ringing endorsement. Maybe I just misunderstood or you normally throw farther or something.

Wow, touch a nerve did I??? Troll I am not just expressing an opinion. Nor am I an innova hater. My go to backhand driver is a Star 168 Valkyrie of which I have two because I love them. My first ace disc was a Champ Monarch and I love that disc but out grew it. I am simply trying to say that I think that it would be better served for innova right now to focus on what they do that is great, not come up with 20 new discs a year (exaggerated ofcourse).

I see a lot of inconsistencies in the same mold of discs in all of the plastics with exception of the star line and I have bought and thrown more innova than anything. Sure I think its cool that they are trying to develop something that will "change the game" but I would rather see them get molds down conretely so when I go to replace an orc it flies the same when the one that I lost was brand new and I loved it but hate the other.

Overrated, I throw my 172 Champ Wraith and 137 Blizz the same distance, its all about finess, bring it to speed and let the disc do the rest. Just Sayin people.

Star Valkyrie, Star Archon, Surge FLX, Avenger SS FLX, Ascent, Trak, Ibex, VP, Sole.

That's what I throw, equal parts Innova and Discraft for showtime and Vibram for my short game.

-----"Nah, my only point was your post read like you were sorta disappointed when, to me, throwing 440' golf shots with back/hip pain and not being practiced sounds like a ringing endorsement. Maybe I just misunderstood or you normally throw farther or something. "------

Understood, and sorry if I came off rude. Prior to my injury I was hitting nearly the 500' mark, and damn I was proud. Still not as explosive as I was. That was all my point was. And yeah, you're right, I can live with 440'. I guess my point was that I was expecting more with my Blizzards given what everyone else has said on this thread. But...like I said I think it is form and some of it is in my head.

Overrated, I throw my 172 Champ Wraith and 137 Blizz the same distance, its all about finess, bring it to speed and let the disc do the rest. Just Sayin people.

It's not always about getting more distance. As many have said already, these allow people to power down, thus increasing accuracy/consistency, while keeping the same distance.

I stand by my statement of close-minded, due to you not seeing the big picture, or really anything other than innova saying buy these.

Ok so for arguement sake, If i can throw both my wraiths 500' and land them in a 50' radius of my mark everytime as well as powerdown and get the same accuracy, then what does the purpose of the blizztech serve? Throwing a disc especially backhand the last time I checked was more about being able to get the proper amount of rotational speed to keep it aloft. Not having the brute strenght to huk it and hope.

If I were closed minded I wouldn't be trying to see further where you all are coming from. I honestly don't see the difference in any of my cohorts game to be able to say, "yes!!! they hit a home run again!". I do think its cool that they float from 138 and down. That aside I don't get it. Maybe I'm just over the fact that they produce way too much and don't really seem to stand by the new product for too long before saying to themselves, we could have done better.

It's like an I-Pad or phone, we had this technology but held it back to make you buy another one 6 months from now. A great company will blow the competition out of the water and have them scratching their heads for years and then finally come out with another product that does the same when they catch up. I don't see any company doing that other than possibly vibram with the use of there rubber and the durability factor, but they lag far behind in creating awesome driving discs. Again, all my opinion.

If i can throw both my wraiths 500' and land them in a 50' radius of my mark everytime as well as powerdown and get the same accuracy, then...

...you are a god. What you're saying doesn't jive with many many other people's experiences.

There are many legitimate complaints when it comes to Innova, and even more specifically these Blizzard discs, particularly when it comes to consistency, but they're definitely bringing something interesting and useful to the table with these.

Less effort to throw just as far = less energy used = longer day of disc golf. Also, even though it's only 15-30 grams lighter than regular champ or star plastic it has less impact on your joints and muscles. So those who has arthritis can play with less pain.

..I tested two blizzard apes vs a max weight champ boss / p-pd2.

I throw rhfh for distance and although the blizz's are easy d, i can't really lay into them and expect any type of accuracy. They flew a touch further than the boss / pd2, but I most likely wouldn't use them in competition. I feel they are condition specific for me (long open holes), I wouldn't use them in a cross wind. I will continue the testing and make a decision after a few more days of max d driving.

Alright, I can chew on that. All that I've been hearing from people, especially not on the board, is about the distance and I just don't see it. For the health/injury factor I can understand that. In reference to what JoshEpoo had to say, if they just nailed it down a little harder I would be more of a fan of this. Puppy, maybe its my age, but I always have energy for DG no matter what. I just love it that much. That being said, my "hating" is done and thanks for a little insight as to why people might enjoy these other than what it has been marketed as. On the plus side maybe my 10 year old will get more out of it than I do.

No disc release in this day and age is going to instantly and markedly improve peoples' scores. The Blizzard discs are going to break the distance record that is over a decade old...I'd say that will be something. They will also open opportunity for the best throwers in the sport to do some sick things on the course that they wouldn't have otherwise tried. I believe Kenny will be driving with these. This is the most interesting thing Innova has done imo since they came out with CE, designed the Valk, or designed the EX/TB/FB...Besides that they were just making wings a mm or 2 wider.

150g should be the distance winner right? it seems anything lighter wont push through the wind well enough

You still have to get the correct nose angle on it. Even with the major winds we had yesterday, I tried throwing one high so the wind would carry it but it was just pushed down and dropped like a ton of bricks.

Sounds like a nose angle issue. When I was throwing with a tailwind, nose up shots were slammed down much quicker with the blizzard discs than with heavier ones. The reverse was also true though, nose down throws benefited more from the wind with the blizzard discs than with heavier plastic.

ive had a few grip locks when i threw mine on sunday on an open course but nothing too bad. on drives i threw high and some nose up,i immediately began to think i messed up and it wasnt going to go far but i had a few of those drives be just straight bombs still. its definitely going to take some getting used to but the fact that i dont have to throw full power is great. especially since ive been having more back pain than usual.

Sounds like a nose angle issue. When I was throwing with a tailwind, nose up shots were slammed down much quicker with the blizzard discs than with heavier ones. The reverse was also true though, nose down throws benefited more from the wind with the blizzard discs than with heavier plastic.

Correct. I was just merely testing to see the results first hand.

I too had a few grip locks on some hyper holes over the weekend. I also found out in a consistent 15mph head wind puting a 150 DS on a hyper flip still doesn't keep it from flipping

Or will get blown by a tailwind even better right?

Indeed, I can see these discs being extremely useful for tailwind shots on a mostly wide open par four hole where accuracy doesn't matter as much, and pure distance is king. Unfortunately, those shots are rare on the courses I play the most and I don't think it warrants a place in my bag just for that purpose and rare usage.

Indeed, I can see these discs being extremely useful for tailwind shots on a mostly wide open par four hole where accuracy doesn't matter as much, and pure distance is king. Unfortunately, those shots are rare on the courses I play the most and I don't think it warrants a place in my bag just for that purpose and rare usage.

..Lung. How's everything going?

..are you still involved in sakanack?