• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Just got my 145g blizzard wraith last night and I must say that I am worried. I have yet to throw it, but it is super domey and the bubbles are almost popping through at the top surface of the rim. Also, the PLH is quite lower than three other wraiths I compared it to. Should I send it back or are the shape differences normal and part of how blizzard tech flies like heavier discs. With all of the differences, I think they should have come up with a new name for this thing. Then again, it is easier to market a new version of an already popular disc. the pic is poor quality, sorry

That's normal...these are very variable. The new name they came up with is "Blizzard", so I think lets you know it's something different.

I've been liking my 156 Blizzard Boss more and more. I just have to make sure to snap it without much reachback adn throw it totally flat and I get an effortless 400' in an incredibly straight flightpath. They still get 40' of skip on landing like a full weight Boss, only the skip is MUCH more forward. Like any Boss, trying to get just a little high speed turn and fade is tough. It doesn't want to turn at all or it wants to fly on a big S turn. That's fine though as it is so straight when snapped flat and super long when turned.

As somebody who only regularly carries Valkyries as their fastest disc, what disc should I try in this new Blizzard stuff? I was thinking about trying the Wraith first?

Wraith is a good place to start, it's got a lot of turn but it's pretty workable as long as you're throwing relatively cleanly and not into much of a headwind.

As somebody who only regularly carries Valkyries as their fastest disc, what disc should I try in this new Blizzard stuff? I was thinking about trying the Wraith first?

Makes sense. Looks like they only made them in speeds 11(Wraith & Destroyer) and 13 (Katana & Boss)

Of these, I'd expect the Wraith to be the closest to a Valk.

FWIW, destroyers are speed 12, and the blizz destroyers I've seen all have high PLH and are pretty overstable.

I doubt we'll see any of the slower molds in blizzard, especially right away. They can already make discs like the firebird and valk in low weights in champion plastic without sacrificing stability.

Mid-Range discs will be interesting to see if they are ever released in Blizzard Plastic.. I have virtually no interest in any high speed drivers from Innova. Sidewinder or Beast would be as fast as I would buy.. Blizzard Wraith is good and all but super domey..

I doubt we'll see any of the slower molds in blizzard, especially right away. They can already make discs like the firebird and valk in low weights in champion plastic without sacrificing stability.
this. I doubt they go below speed 11
Mid-Range discs will be interesting to see if they are ever released in Blizzard Plastic.. I have virtually no interest in any high speed drivers from Innova. Sidewinder or Beast would be as fast as I would buy.. Blizzard Wraith is good and all but super domey..
they make the roc down to 110g. why would tey do a blizzard to make it 75g?