• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Blizzard Wraith

punch

Bogey Member
Been looking around for info on the blizzard wraith. I heard it is flippy then others say stable. I throw around 330-350ft. What weight are best for this disc and what type of shots do you use your for. I currently use a mamba as my max D disc. Will the blizzard wraith overlap the mamba? I am hoping the wraith is stable since I do not have a stable max d disc. The disc is part of a disc golf club membership. Two discs are offered either blizzard wraith or star tern. Maybe I should go with the tern? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Out of your choices, Tern, you'll be much happier

Go with the Star Tern. I just got one and it's one of the best new discs I've gotten in a while. It bombs.

I throw a Star Wraith for my OS needs. My friend has a Blizzard one that is one of the flippest discs I've ever thrown. He doesn't bag it.

I also throw an old Blizzard Boss that has the air bubbles in the faceplate that is money with a giant hyzer.

I throw a 143g blizzard wraith. I really only throw it on wide open holes, but it does give me around 50' more than my TD. Mine is getting pretty beat in but it's still flying pretty straight. However it does have bubbles in the flight plate which I've heard changes the flight. If you've never thrown blizzard give it a shot. If you have then go with the tern.

blizzards are weird they can be stable or they can be very understable not much in between.. I would go with the tern cuz that should fly like a stable blizzard and if u can use a heavier disc that would be preferred for wind reasons

I have 141g Blizzard Wraith and 169g Star Tern. Have similar max distance as you do.

Blizzard Wraith will have more distance - 20 ft or so. But I have trouble with consistent release with the Wraith.

Tern is my main straight driver right now and it'll hold any line till it loses speed.

Neither are going to handle headwinds.

Been looking around for info on the blizzard wraith. I heard it is flippy then others say stable. I throw around 330-350ft. What weight are best for this disc and what type of shots do you use your for. I currently use a mamba as my max D disc. Will the blizzard wraith overlap the mamba? I am hoping the wraith is stable since I do not have a stable max d disc. The disc is part of a disc golf club membership. Two discs are offered either blizzard wraith or star tern. Maybe I should go with the tern? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

The stock production stamp, bubbles in the flight plate, were all over stable and the F2, bubbles in the flight plate, were stable. The more recent runs vary considerably, mostly toward less stable than the Wraith's flight numbers.

Check the parting line height on the newer ones and that should pretty much predict stability and of course, heavier weights.

Good luck.

The uber flat ones are ridiculously overstable. I throw about 450 consistently and those blizzard wraiths never got past 350

The uber flat ones are ridiculously overstable. I throw about 450 consistently and those blizzard wraiths never got past 350

Anything ridiculously overstable is going to travel less distance, all other things the same. I have a 12x star Wraith that is the most stable disc I own over speed 10. It's an into-high-wind disc only (if you want some distance) or a meat hook for the 200-275' range, depending on initial height trajectory.

I just recently picked up a F2 151g Blizzard Wraith and took it to the field. I like it so far. It's pretty easy to flip up for a new disc and has a decent fade at the end. I wouldn't trust it into a headwind.

I have a 160 blizzard wraith . It's well used and maybe a touch floppy, but will usually fade back. Unless thrown into the wind, but blizzard plastic probably isn't the best into the wind . even a mild wind gets em flippy. It's an absolute bullet down wind, and gets wicked glide under normal conditions. I throw around the same distances as u and find my blizzard wraith to be my longest driver, but maybe not my most consistent. Unless the cost is a big issue I would suggest you give one a try. My best drive with it is around 450 (down hill bomb). my average drives ,in general ,are around 300. I have seen more 350+ drives with my wraith than any other I own. It stays in my bag.

Star Tern man.

All that Blizzard plastic is inconsistent. That's why some say it's flippy and others say it's stable. I've tried many blizzard plastics, some were good and some were so bad I would soon give it to a dog for a chew toy then trade it to somebody.

I carry several wraiths and my 150 blizzard wraith is MY farthest flying. I am going to get a new one because mine is starting to get beat and a little flippy but the blizzard wraith a keeper in the bag.

I currently have a champ, star, and blizz wraith bagged. First 2 are 175g and the blizz is 145g. The champ is dead stable, the star is beaten in to be quite flippy. The blizz is less beat, but still a tad flippier than the star. Not a crazy amount less stable on a typical day, but it is noticeable. I use the blizz wraith for max d shots if I get any kind of wind that I can work with to carry the disc forward. Without favorable wind, it just stay in the bag though.

Latest posts