• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bloomberg gets it wrong

Holy ****, I know the guy in the picture on the article. Pretty sure the pic was taken at an event I ran. The author will be disappointed to find out that he still plays quite a bit.

Not to mention, she claims Bunjee Jumping was invented at Oxford.

It actually was started in the South Pacific using vines.....

Pesky research and facts!!!!:wall:

I'm pretty sure Jai Alai is still a thing also.

yeah who does she think she is, lumping us in with those fruit booters!

It's like 2 different people wrote the article, or the author decided she was too lazy to pursue "humor" after the first 2 entries :|

Good grief what a lazy piece from a terrible journalist. Wikipedia research at best and no actual interviews from participants or experts.

Wow.

I'm not sure I'd trust this person flippin burgers at the local McD's.

Wikipedia would be offended. :doh:

Agreed. Wikipedia stepped it's game up. She's probably one of those bloggers who think they are a "journalist." LOL

I'm curious what our players "moved on" to. A hell of a lot more people have quit ball golf or bowling leagues because of time commitment issues. I guess those sports are "expired" too.

I guess soccer should also be considered "expired" since the NASL folded in 1984. I'm sure it was the death knell after that.
:rolleyes:

This is terribly written, I put together better bs stories for our college paper written the night before printing than this drivel.

...in case you needed any more proof that "journalism" has expired. :\

This is terribly written, I put together better bs stories for our college paper written the night before printing than this drivel.

This actually crossed my mind as well, not writing for a college paper though, but writing college papers. There's absolutely no research in her "journalism." Pretty horrible job. :wall:

I think her point is that disc golf doesn't have spectators so it has "expired".

As far as I've known, it never really had a spectator base. Would the logical conclusion be that it never has been a sport?

The Champ still plays. I don't have a clue about the "moved on" reference.

This actually crossed my mind as well, not writing for a college paper though, but writing college papers. There's absolutely no research in her "journalism." Pretty horrible job. :wall:

She probably craps out stuff like this 3-4 times a week for different sites. Like the garbage on Buzzfeed. Easy $$$ for lazy work. Or she's an intern.

What part of this is untrue?
Players moving on could be considered to be wrong but at the same time some players have moved on.

Disc Golf
Once Wham-O rolled out the Frisbee in 1957, college students invented a host of flying-disc games. The most prominent was disc golf, in which players had to hit targets with their new toy. The hobby gained devotees across the country, because it was both accessible and affordable: A disc cost less than $10, and admission to courts was usually free. While it was a hit recreationally, it failed to gain spectators, and players eventually moved on.

I think her point is that disc golf doesn't have spectators so it has "expired".

As far as I've known, it never really had a spectator base. Would the logical conclusion be that it never has been a sport?

The Champ still plays. I don't have a clue about the "moved on" reference.

Like ball golf, the spectator base is pretty much stuck to the larger venues. You don't see that many folks coming out for local tournaments, or even regional play for that matter, but state/national/worlds usually get a decent following. Just because people aren't flooding the sidelines during a mini event, I guess she thinks it's dead. She needs to take her happy ass to Nationals in 2015 and check it out, maybe she'll retract her statement. (Doubtful, because that'd mean she had a least a sliver of credibility, which in my opinion she has none).

to be fair, she also claims that that gambling on horse racing became popular in the 1980s

Latest posts