• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Blowfly for Turbo Putts?

StarFirebird

Banned
I've been working on my Riding Lawnmower all day so I decided to take a quick break.

I was putting with my Voodoos outside and then I went over to my storage box and the Blowfly was just sitting there so I decided to just goof off and mess around with my DGA Blowfly.

My putts were horrible with it so I decided to try it as a Turbo Putter because it felt really good in my hands that way. Man I was nailing me some Turbo Putts with this disc. It's just so easy. I have markers setup in the yard and I was hitting turbos out to 30ft. I just started laughing and said to myself "well looks like the Blowfly is back in the bag.

Heck I've had this disc since '99. Used it just a few times and hated it so It had been in storage for over 10 years. I'm glad I brought it back out today.

I know this is a disc that is not used that often,but has anyone else had success using it as a Turbo Putter?

I've been working on my Riding Lawnmower all day so I decided to take a quick break.

I was putting with my Voodoos outside and then I went over to my storage box and the Blowfly was just sitting there so I decided to just goof off and mess around with my DGA Blowfly.

My putts were horrible with it so I decided to try it as a Turbo Putter because it felt really good in my hands that way. Man I was nailing me some Turbo Putts with this disc. It's just so easy. I have markers setup in the yard and I was hitting turbos out to 30ft. I just started laughing and said to myself "well looks like the Blowfly is back in the bag.

Heck I've had this disc since '99. Used it just a few times and hated it so It had been in storage for over 10 years. I'm glad I brought it back out today.

I know this is a disc that is not used that often,but has anyone else had success using it as a Turbo Putter?

I turputt more often than I should and I've also turputted w a Blowfly.

You are not alone in your assessment. Something about the incredibly grippyness of the material, a fairly robust rim, and perhaps the floppyness of the flight plate, all made for a very solid (figuratively speaking) turputting putter.

So what happens when you miss... how far past the basket are you lol

I turputt more often than I should and I've also turputted w a Blowfly.

You are not alone in your assessment. Something about the incredibly grippyness of the material, a fairly robust rim, and perhaps the floppyness of the flight plate, all made for a very solid (figuratively speaking) turputting putter.

I'm gonna work on my turbo putting more. I'm fairly decent at it,but I would like top be as good as I am with straddle and regular putting. So when I do have to do a Turbo Putt there is a higher chance of me making it.

It is quite fun to Turbo Putt. :hfive: