• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blueberry just tied Flip City!

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
The home page hasn't updated yet, but Blueberry Hill just received another 5-disc rating, bringing it to a 4.90 -- the same as Flip City. :thmbup: I expect about 4 or 5 more 5-disc reviews of Flip to pop up in the next few days by first-time reviewers...

:popcorn:

Here we go..thanks ahead of time by the way!!

Highbridge Gold is just a few reviews away from being a Top-10 contender, as well!

All the courses in the directory 4.89 and below suck don't they?
Yes. Stay away from those. Anything below 4.89 has fecal matter all over the fairways and is haunted by ancient Japanese ghosts.

You also catch Mononucleosis at those courses, too.

Does anybody else think it's odd that all of the nearby Highbridge courses got 5's? I mean, the reviews are well-written and justified, but that's a lot of fives to be giving out (even if it is in the same vicinity).

Although it does seem strange, all of the courses could easily rate a 5. The reason some people might downgrade them to a lower score is because they compare the onsite courses to one another. If they were all at a separate location it might actually be easier to rate them 5.

Does anybody else think it's odd that all of the nearby Highbridge courses got 5's? I mean, the reviews are well-written and justified, but that's a lot of fives to be giving out (even if it is in the same vicinity).

People are happier in WI ?
or have lower standards

The courses at Highbridge are very good; all of them. Serious water is really all they lack from the very top ones (in my book). There originally had been a waterfall cascading down rocks designed into the Granite (I believe) layout, (a few ponds that were left unfinished as well). This has yet to be completed, but lets you know the ideas; and most have been implemented; that were planned for that disc golf site. One of the nicest things at Highbridge, is that each course has it's own feel; different from the others in a pretty significant way.

NO! It's just a coincidence. Now there are 3. Look for some just joined members to chop Highbridge down with the edge of their hands, soon.:popcorn: The wildies have taken a major reaming lately, so look for them to respond. Unless, the flippies use their secret laser cannon to take out the entire state of kentucky. :D

until you've been there, you'll never know. not that i have ever been to either of the big two, i'm just saying nobody from WI goes nuts about people who give other good courses 5 ratings. go there and check it out for yourself! you just might enjoy yourself.

Also, take note that the person who just reviewed those 3 courses has played Idlewild and Flip City.

I am actually the one who reviewed the courses - also keep in mind that I stated that Flip City is a better course than Blueberry Hill. Flip City is just a fun and beautiful course, but a 5 rating should be for the best of the best. I would rate both Blueberry Hill and Highbridge Gold in the top five courses in the world, and Granite Ridge I stated was probably a 4.75 but I gave it the benefit of the doubt because of the overall Highbridge experience.

I am actually the one who reviewed the courses - also keep in mind that I stated that Flip City is a better course than Blueberry Hill. Flip City is just a fun and beautiful course, but a 5 rating should be for the best of the best. I would rate both Blueberry Hill and Highbridge Gold in the top five courses in the world, and Granite Ridge I stated was probably a 4.75 but I gave it the benefit of the doubt because of the overall Highbridge experience.

I'll be playing Flip City in a little over a week, after spending 6 days at Highbridge. I'm sure I'll likewise rate Flip a 5 given the hype and just my observations of the photos.

It would be cool if there were a rating system using 0.25 disc increments, especially since I've read a TON of reviews where the reviewer states something like, "Technically this course would be a 3.25, but it's not quite a 3.5 so I'll give it a solid 3."

I would think a ten disc system could really set some of the top level courses apart a little better. My home course might be Idle but it doesnt upset me that it is dropping from the top, if you read most of the 4.5 or below reviews the con is that the course has no fun factor or to hard. Im cool with that, that is what idles about. I just cant wait to go to highbridge sounds like heaven all those courses on one site. I recently changed two of my reviews to lower scores, not because the course but to set Idle and Holler above the rest I have played because they are both way better than the rest. BTW Holler has the fun that Idle lacks and number 1 in my top ten.

When my group plays Highbridge, we usually joke that our favorite course always seems to change to the one we just played.

Latest posts