• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Board of Directors Election Results

AWESOME! MORE OF THE SAME :| jeebus.

Mike Solt would have done a killer job. It's a shame he didn't get the votes.

Will i don't agree with most of what Shive stands for, I'm actually glad he got voted in again. I appreciate his openness and willingness to communicate with us.

June minutes were also posted a couple of days ago

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2013-06-11BODMeetingMinutesApproved.pdf

MOTION (Shive/Rothstein)
Starting in September 2013, the PDGA will publicize all Conflict of Interest disclosure statements of Board Members and Officers.
Yes: Duffy, Rothstein, Shive
No: Decker, McCoy, O'Cull
Motion does not pass.

MOTION (Shive)
Starting in January 2014, the PDGA will inform the membership of all TD's who are delinquent in fee payments but are still being allowed to direct tournaments.
The motion does not receive a second and dies.

MOTION (Shive)
Starting in January 2014, The PDGA will make yearly cash awards of 50 cents to the Tournament Director for each registered participant in PDGA-sanctioned events. The payments will be made the following year after tournament reports for the previous year are complete.
The motion does not receive a second and dies.
Graham reminded the board that the office had already been tasked with creating a rewards program for tournament directors and that it would be submitted for board review later in the year for implementation in 2014.

MOTION (Shive/McCoy)
Beginning in January 2014 player fees for A, B and C-Tier events will be reduced by $1.00. (So the fees would be $3, $2, and $1 respectively).
Yes: Shive
No: Duffy, Decker, McCoy, O'Cull, Rothstein
Motion does not pass.
There was a useful meeting. :wall:

There was a useful meeting. :wall:

nothing wrong with bringing up a motion and it being rejected. Its a tactic to put the other directors on record for their stance on the topic.

For instance, it appears the rest of the BOD isn't concerned with transparency as much as Shive is. As a pdga member, that is a bit concerning.

Personally, I am very disapointed about Shive's reelection. A lot of the topics he brings up at board meetings are things that I do not agree with.

Overall, I'm ok with his reelection, just not at the expense of Shawn Sinclair.

I couldn't agree more.

Didn't Shive step down for a position with the PDGA a few years ago during his term?

For instance, it appears the rest of the BOD isn't concerned with transparency as much as Shive is. As a pdga member, that is a bit concerning.

Not nearly as concerning as wanting to make MAJOR adjustments to the org's income figures (lowering sanctioning fees per player, paying TDs) without any plan presented to recoop that income.

I could not find the ballot and the link went to the website that hosted the elections but not to the ballot

nothing wrong with bringing up a motion and it being rejected. Its a tactic to put the other directors on record for their stance on the topic.

I get that but my comment was more directed to the fact that every topic in the meeting was voted down or not even carried to a vote. Just seems a little counter productive.

Very happy that I got over 800 votes, without soliciting. Next time.

Matt

I voted for ya.

notice-no-soliciting-sign-2506.png

Next time remove yourself from the No Soliciting Zone :)

I voted for ya.

notice-no-soliciting-sign-2506.png

Next time remove yourself from the No Soliciting Zone :)

The guy who claims the PDGA is nothing but a conspiracy voted for an employee of Innova to be on the BOD?

IRONY.

22.10% of ballots returned, I must say that is quite pitiful

Good to see that Armed Forces Overseas returned 100%....it was only 2 people but even still the fact they could take the time to vote and only 22.10% could take the time out of their day that those 2 fight everyday to protect is a shame and not good for the sport we all love.

I think this representative of how many disc golfers take this sport seriously and if that number is only 22.10% of PDGA members it is more than likely lower among all disc golfers and if this sport is going to be taken seriously as true sport this is something that needs to change.

I am disappointed to see David West wasn't elected sounded like a great leader and obviously he's a dedicated life long disc golfer. As a first year voter I had nothing to go off of but their bio's and he was clearly the most qualified to be in a position of leadership. Some of these guys barley wrote anything on their bio's, that's just lazy. Congratulations to the winners and I wish you the best.

Latest posts