• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Board of Directors Elections

The last candidate is an odd one. Clearly a very impressive resume in the sports and entertainment world. Yet he's a very new PDGA member, and has yet to play in or even register for a single tournament. How much does he even know about disc golf, the PDGA, etc.?

To me there's one very obvious strong candidate, and I'm undecided on who to vote for in the other two slots.

Who are the three Board members whose seats are up for election? I know Mike Sullivan is one and he's not running for re-election.

Bob Decker is up. Heinhold and Hungerford were elected last year, so it's Justin Menickelli, Elaine King or Laura Nagtegaal that is also up.

Last edited:
How long do board members get to serve, is there a set time they have to run for re-election or is it once they are in they are in

The last candidate is an odd one. Clearly a very impressive resume in the sports and entertainment world. Yet he's a very new PDGA member, and has yet to play in or even register for a single tournament. How much does he even know about disc golf, the PDGA, etc.?

Looks like he knows enough about marketing to deliver on his promises, regardless of his knowledge of the sport or experience in tournaments. Also doubt he'd want to commit any time if he didn't have a reasonable amount of experience. Fairly impressive resume and I think every (real) pro should be champing at the bit that he gets in.

To me there's one very obvious strong candidate, and I'm undecided on who to vote for in the other two slots.

Seems like he was picked by someone to address Paige's concerns. I see him as someone who will just make DG more expensive to be a part of.

Looks like he knows enough about marketing to deliver on his promises, regardless of his knowledge of the sport or experience in tournaments. Also doubt he'd want to commit any time if he didn't have a reasonable amount of experience. Fairly impressive resume and I think every (real) pro should be champing at the bit that he gets in.

Is the PDGA the right place to apply that to? Maybe he should be on the DGPT board instead? I don't know, I'm asking here.

Seems like he was picked by someone to address Paige's concerns. I see him as someone who will just make DG more expensive to be a part of.

Paige's concerns to me were more specifically about how the USWDGC should be treated, and whether it should be a separate FPO event or continue to cater more towards the am divisions. Or, you could go more broadly, and talk about the pro experience at NTs/majors vs. the DGPT, and whether the DGPT should take over more/all pro tour events.

Either way, this is a very pro-centric topic, which is only a very small part of what the PDGA does. And even here, I'm not sure how much this guy could contribute to the discussion, without more context about the disc golf world and the history of the sport.

Last edited:
Is the PDGA the right place to apply that to? Maybe he should be on the DGPT board instead? I don't know, I'm asking here.

For pro interests you might be right. But a larger media presence in general has the potential to benefit new course development, bring in younger players, diversify the playing field etc.

Bob Decker is up. Heinhold and Hungerford were elected last year, so it's Justin Menickelli, Elaine King or Laura Nagtegaal that is also up.
I was thinking maybe the spot Will Shusterick occupied or was that slot filled with an appointment?

He was also the executive director of the board of directors for USA Volleyball. While he was doing that he oversaw their youth development programs.

Thanks for bringing this up. I had read the first few candidates' bios and lost interest in this election. Wish I had read all the way down to David Schreff but now I'm glad you pointed him out. His resume is incredible (like almost too good to be true) that someone with those credentials would be interested in a PDGA Board seat. He's got my vote.

I don't know who David Schreff is. His resume is extensive but how do we verify any of this? I looked at the ACTV8me website & can't really tell what they do but I'm not IT savvy. They are certainly not sports centric. He presents as an experienced, high level, and internationally connected executive. Does anyone know someone who knows him? References would be helpful. Or a way to contact him. Bob Decker is only candidate to provide a link.

I don't know who David Schreff is. His resume is extensive but how do we verify any of this? I looked at the ACTV8me website & can't really tell what they do but I'm not IT savvy. They are certainly not sports centric. He presents as an experienced, high level, and internationally connected executive. Does anyone know someone who knows him? References would be helpful. Or a way to contact him. Bob Decker is only candidate to provide a link.
Does he play disc golf?