• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Bring the Heat!

ghostofdabayou

Bogey Member
I throw the '21 Ledgestone Heat (super domey and U/S) for my max distance turnovers (375'), hyzer flips especially with low ceilings (this disc has insane glide), forehand/ backhand rollers, and get-out-of-jail forehand anhyzers that don't come back. Interested in hearing what other players use for these types of shots? Also, how far should one be able to throw a speed 9 like the Heat before moving up in speed?

I used to throw the Heat, but after losing my 3rd one, I decided it was an sign. I had some amazing shots with it, but it was just too finicky. I could hyzer-flip it to flex for an amazing shot or with one slight breeze or 2 degree off on hyzer angle it could turn into a turn-over into the oblivion, which is how I lost all of them. I prefer the Avenger SS to the Heat. It's just more predictable and consistent for the same style disc.

I throw the '21 Ledgestone Heat (super domey and U/S) for my max distance turnovers (375'), hyzer flips especially with low ceilings (this disc has insane glide), forehand/ backhand rollers, and get-out-of-jail forehand anhyzers that don't come back. Interested in hearing what other players use for these types of shots? Also, how far should one be able to throw a speed 9 like the Heat before moving up in speed?

I usually use my TS Heat for the same kind of stuff you describe except the rollers, for that I either use a Raptor (FH) or an Avenger SS (BH). I'd say you can go up to the Surge SS or Avenger SS class if you want, but Idk how much more distance you'll get from them. Maybe I'll have to break out my LE Z Swirl Heat and see how much of a difference there is between that one and my TS ones.

I like the raptor for the fh rollers as well. I will look into the Avenger SS and the Surge SS, thanks. IF you're alluding to the Hailey King tour series vs the swirl, the swirl is wayy more understable, although the King heat can still get decent turn before coming back a little.

the Ace Race Heat has been my primary driver since the ace race, except for a short stint with a swirly esp one.
I throw it almost laser straight out to ~320'. I've gotten 350', but that's an aberration.

I find the Avenger SS much more finicky and difficult to control- which doesn't really make sense since it's supposed to be a faster disc...

Yes! I use the Ace Race heat as a driver version of a Comet. It doesn't really flip but will hold and anheiser line or do a dead straight shot. Heck it holds a hyser if I'm careful. It's been in the bag for years. Got it at a PIAS for 8 bucks because it felt good in the hand (I had no idea what it was but it had a cool scull stamp) I have another ACe Race and the second backup is a Ledgestone Chrystal. I have never thrown another heat. I haven't needed to.

It is so controllable.

Yes! I use the Ace Race heat as a driver version of a Comet. It doesn't really flip but will hold and anheiser line or do a dead straight shot. Heck it holds a hyser if I'm careful. It's been in the bag for years. Got it at a PIAS for 8 bucks because it felt good in the hand (I had no idea what it was but it had a cool scull stamp) I have another ACe Race and the second backup is a Ledgestone Chrystal. I have never thrown another heat. I haven't needed to.

It is so controllable.

Well it looks like I'm going to have to find a bunch of the ARs then since I've always wanted a longer Comet.

"Well it looks like I'm going to have to find a bunch of the ARs then since I've always wanted a longer Comet."

I was just kidding. Ace Race Heats are actually the worst. Just get a Z heat.

Latest posts