• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

If I'm not mistaken, that's the card that Eagle set on mph record on the CCDG radar gun, no? If not that particular card, it was at that event

Those who can't do ATTEMPT to teach. There's no such thing as perfect form or technique. People do what works for them and there is no guarantee that by fixing form you will be any better.

That is what I tell others about my putting style using more an open hand guide track with the non throwing hand. I did remake my putting in 2014 from a feet togther but I have since modified from the classic darts stance to a more open darts stance with the front foot pointed at the pole and back foot facing same way just further back in parallel. In 2017 adding a back kick in the Ricky/Simon style getting more and more until 35-40 feet it is time to switch to my approach disc then I start over as the disc is more OS then a putting putter. I have it so now there are steps for my putt so I know how to do my putt.

Old putt was a free throw basketball style that worked at the time due to my time playing/practicing disc golf. Before that I used with the Rubber putter the open leg stance and a normal hand use with no movement at knees just bent slightly as that 168 gram Rubber Putter had so much glide I could not throw the disc hard at all for putts ~20 feet and shorter So I used the slowest putt style I could think of besides Turbo as that would not have enough power. I had hands that even now that are too small to do a Turbo putt so I do a Flick putt both standard forehand putt and often unless I need clear a taller obstacle I have elbow bent at ~90 degrees with flick and wrist snap style if I have no room to do the forehand putt that I developed practicing putts in the back yard.

Thanks! I'm watching that tonight!

I watched it yesterday. :D

After an off season of miscellaneous disc golf videos filling the void, having new tourneys back is wonderful.

Unfortunately, now there are the weekday voids. Watching an old tourney was more satisfying for me than the random dg content that's been put out over the last few weeks since the season started. I guess that I'm in "tournament mode."

Danny hits the nail on the head here and details what I was talking about in this earlier post

Someone tell Brody that front foot/leg needs to be turned in when throwing a distance line, not out. Helps prevent rounding and falling forward prematurely

This is a great watch here below. Judging by Brodies most recent video he still hasn't addressed this, but when he does, he's going to straight up bomb

Scrolling through youtube view counts on Brodie's channel.

Most of his disc golf videos are getting anywhere from 80k to 130k views.

That's right in line with what Jomez tends to get. Which is great by that comparison.

However, scrolling back farther on Brodie's youtube you see most videos over 300k with lots over 1M and SIX over 10M.

Best I can tell in all the history of disc golf there have only been two youtube videos with over 1 million views. Philo's albatross with 1.3M and Jomez 2019 Worlds Final Round F9 with 2.6M.

Brodie was getting several hundred thousands of views doing the ball golf stuff. It's hard for anybody in any job to take a paycut. Evidence suggests the viewer base just does not currently exist to get Brodie the kind of view counts he is accustomed to. No matter how much he genuinely may enjoy playing disc golf, I wonder if he can afford whatever lifestyle he has gotten used to with these significantly lower views?

You believe "Brodie's Smith's 1st round of Disc Golf (18 holes)" from 3 weeks ago and currently at 167k views is going to go up to 500k views?

Hard to say without seeing the analytics chart for those other videos. I've always assumed that most videos (that aren't like music videos) get 90% of their total views in the first couple of weeks. I'd be pleased to find out I'm wrong.

Some vids can go viral long after they're posted for lots of reasons.

One thing you probably aren't thinking about, is some of those subs he has were probably from giveaways he did years ago. Others are from people who tune in once in awhile when he does some insane trickshot vid. Others may not even get on YT anymore, or are even dead.

He has a hardcore base which is probably about where the 300k you referenced is. Some of those people probably don't give a damn that he is now playing DG but he's also picked up subs from the DG community. I haven't sub'd because the vids pop up in my recommended list anyway.

That's why I mentioned only 1% when talking about Discraft trying to get in on his market share potential because we haven't a clue how many of his subs are still active.

View counts are a strange thing. There is this fishing channel I watch, Milliken Fishing. He has just under 300k subs but some of his best vids are older ones and only have 15k or 30k views. But he has some random normal vids that hit 1mil and who knows why...

Latest posts