• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Added bold.

And just because someone is a top pro or throws far, doesn't always mean they have good form. Just look at ball golf and the injury history of modern swingers(Tiger Woods, Brooks Koepka, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Lexi Thompson) vs classic swingers (Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia).

If I remember correctly Arnold Palmer didn't look too good on the tee.

If I remember correctly Arnold Palmer didn't look too good on the tee.

Agreed, but it was a consistent swing... and accurate.... and prettier than Moe Norman's.

Is it not ironic that the most accurate golf player ever had the ugliest swing?

Last edited:
Agreed, but it was a consistent swing... and accurate.... and prettier than Moe Norman's.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unless we are talking about Charles Barkley.

I like Moe's younger swing which most people have never seen, it was very much like Ben Hogan and Greg Norman:

Did you ever see Moe hit balls in person? Amazing! You could put a throw blanket on the range and he'd hit every one on a straight line and land every ball on the blanket. I worked in the golf business for 20 years, have played golf since I was 10...there was no better ball striker than Moe...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unless we are talking about Charles Barkley.

I like Moe's younger swing which most people have never seen, it was very much like Ben Hogan and Greg Norman:

Young, old, it didn't matter...ever swing was the exact same. And the results were the exact same.

Not true. He talked about some swing changes he made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuWxWo0Ygw&t=8m45s

I don't mean his swing was the same from his early days to his later days. I mean the swing he was using at that time was the exact same swing every time. His ability to have a repetitious swing allowed him to hit the ball the same distance every time with the club he was using and the result of the shot was the same, shot after shot.

Don't look at Furyk's swing... Talk about moving parts...:eek:

Take back way outside, drop it way inside and square it up at impact.

That's the difference between the average golfer and the pros...the pros are always on line and square at impact. That's also the key to hitting straight shots...being squared up at impact. It doesn't matter how the swing is...look at Furyk and Trevino, perfect examples...but they are/were always squared at impact. The swing doesn't always have to be on plane, but the clubface must be square at impact.

By "square" at impact...I mean the clubface is square (ie. pointing directly down the target line towards their target) at impact (ie. the moment the ball and clubface meet).

Last edited:
There is a bit of Furyk in Simon. He pulls his distance drive off line but he is square at the hit.

Ricky pulls a bit off line as well, not as bad as Simon, but is back on line at the hit as well.

Both throw very well, showing that how one gets to the power pocket is not as important as what happens in it.

I tried that hop thing for awhile after realizing the x-step was throwing my fatness off balance and just couldn't get it right and eventually settled into more of a shuffle. Very hard on my shoe's soles though, lol
Yes!!! The Truffle Shuffle. I think I do that too.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

I don't mean his swing was the same from his early days to his later days. I mean the swing he was using at that time was the exact same swing every time. His ability to have a repetitious swing allowed him to hit the ball the same distance every time with the club he was using and the result of the shot was the same, shot after shot.
He had the most consistent swing, but nobody swings "exactly the same every time", it's physically impossible, unless you are the Iron Bryon.
https://www.adamyounggolf.com/why-your-golf-swing-changes/

Moe Norman did...
giphy.gif

lol ^^

I always said if they could make a robot to play disc golf Steve Wisecup should be their prototype. Most consistent smooth form I've ever seen.

He was the "logo" for a while.

Latest posts