• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

This is one of the dumbest reactions to a pro's game getting criticized. Because others aren't top pros they can't see fault in someone else game? Not true and the people who post this crap know it.

Tiger Woods had a coach who told him what he was doing wrong and how to correct it. Are you claiming if his coach could not beat (which he couldn't) Tiger he has no business being Tiger's coach?

Stupid!!
Those who can't do ATTEMPT to teach. There's no such thing as perfect form or technique. People do what works for them and there is no guarantee that by fixing form you will be any better.

Those who can't do ATTEMPT to teach. There's no such thing as perfect form or technique. People do what works for them and there is no guarantee that by fixing form you will be any better.

You can keep believing that to justify your form...

Such a transparent and pitiful comment.

There is certainly no guarantee but you can increase the odds in your favor considerably.

See that's where you're wrong. If you improve your form I GUARANTEE your game will get better.

And contrary to what many believe, most pros are using the same exact motion to put power on the disc. It might look different from pro to pro because everybody has a different body, but every single one is shifting with their hips to the front leg in balance.

Look at a Paul McBeth drive from behind and a golf swing from behind. The body gets into the same positions. It's consistent because there is a tried and true way that ALL throwing motions are achieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone tell Brody that front foot/leg needs to be turned in when throwing a distance line, not out. Helps prevent rounding and falling forward prematurely.

maxresdefault.jpg

Someone tell Brody that front foot/leg needs to be turned in when throwing a distance line, not out. Helps prevent rounding and falling forward prematurely.

Be careful saying anything that's not 100% positive about "Bro". :\

I think with putting and approaching that's absolutely true, but for a distance line, that plant foot absolutely needs to be turned inward. It's human biomechanics/physics in play, no way around it. Go ahead and slow mo any of the top players, they all do it.

cap1.PNG

Disc-Golf-for-Flatland-1170x658.jpg

My quote was not directed at you, it was for @drk obsession that there is only one way to throw.

All that matters is the hit. At the point of the hit, everyone looks very similar. How one gets there is less important.

In general, I agree with you, especially for players that use a full reach back. It probably would help Brodie on pure distance lines as he is using a full reach back. It might screw up his accuracy, at this point, on tighter lines.

I expect over the next couple months we will see his form tighten.

See that's where you're wrong. If you improve your form I GUARANTEE your game will get better.

And contrary to what many believe, most pros are using the same exact motion to put power on the disc. It might look different from pro to pro because everybody has a different body, but every single one is shifting with their hips to the front leg in balance.

Look at a Paul McBeth drive from behind and a golf swing from behind. The body gets into the same positions. It's consistent because there is a tried and true way that ALL throwing motions are achieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your reading comprehension is horrible.

Biscoe was basically saying the same thing.

My quote was not directed at you, it was for @drk obsession that there is only one way to throw.

All that matters is the hit. At the point of the hit, everyone looks very similar. How one gets there is less important.

In general, I agree with you, especially for players that use a full reach back. It probably would help Brodie on pure distance lines as he is using a full reach back. It might screw up his accuracy, at this point, on tighter lines.

I expect over the next couple months we will see his form tighten.

Didn't say there was one way to throw, I said the core of every throw is the same. I believe that to be true.

Garret Guthrie and Paul McBeth both do the same things to throw, despite looking drastically different.

These type of discussions about perfect or proper form often go off on weird rails of semantics where people kind of mean the same thing, but not saying the right things or context is lost in forum.

Just because a player does something unique in their swing doesn't mean their fundamentals are different, but it also might, or might just mean their swing is less efficient, or perhaps injury related, or have crazy flexibility or different body dimensions.

Better form doesn't always guarantee better scoring/rating, but often does and often makes the game more enjoyable/better.

It is much easier to know what good form is or looks like, than being able to perform it. This is how we learn to perform motions. The brain has to learn before it can control the muscles. After a lot of practice the subconscious brain memory allows you to perform the motions at the highest level.

Knowing & Understanding vs Doing & Teaching:
https://medium.com/@johnharrydsouza/knowing-understanding-vs-doing-teaching-dbeb86149695

Also don't forget that good form is often going to reduce the chance of injury
Added bold.

And just because someone is a top pro or throws far, doesn't always mean they have good form. Just look at ball golf and the injury history of modern swingers(Tiger Woods, Brooks Koepka, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Lexi Thompson) vs classic swingers (Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia).

Latest posts