• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

mfer throws farther than i do and has been on filmed lead cards a few times moar than i have

so whatever he does is kinda working

That must be when his timing is good...;)

Seriously though, his BH form has a lot of moving parts that all need to line up at the right time. For the most part, the top guys have smooth, compact BH form, even going back to Climo and Schultz. Even guys like Eagle and Simon for the most part have smooth BHs, unless they are really trying to rip a bomb.

Can someone like Oakley, or Feldberg and Conrad to a certain extent, have it all clicking, even for long periods of time? Absolutely. Some guys are just gifted with naturally good timing but if its just a bit off, you're looking at 40-50ft putts instead of 10-20. Or they're a few feet OB instead of 5ft inbounds.

Last edited:

Seriously though, his BH form has a lot of moving parts that all need to line up at the right time. For the most part, the top guys have smooth, compact BH form, even going back to Climo and Schultz. Even guys like Eagle and Simon for the most part have smooth BHs, unless they are really trying to rip a bomb.

Can someone like Oakley, or Feldberg and Conrad to a certain extent, have it all clicking, even for long periods of time? Absolutely. Some guys are just gifted with naturally good timing but if its just a bit off, you're looking at 40-50ft putts instead of 10-20. Or they're a few feet OB instead of 5ft inbounds.

anthon has the wild run up and somehow connects a ton

and conrad needs an airplane landing strip for enough tee pad room

I kinda noticed the same for his putting. His lower body/hips do all kinds of funky moves before the hand comes in.

Anthon has that Flintstones looking run up that looks goofy as hell. Whatever works though. I'd skip up the tee if I could throw like these guys.

Damn. Now I will never get that Flintstones visual out of my head when he's teeing off haha

Yeah all you 1000 rated or higher guys without perfect form SUCK! I may not throw as far or good but my form is pretty and I'd give it a 10/10 lulz

This is one of the dumbest reactions to a pro's game getting criticized. Because others aren't top pros they can't see fault in someone else game? Not true and the people who post this crap know it.

Tiger Woods had a coach who told him what he was doing wrong and how to correct it. Are you claiming if his coach could not beat (which he couldn't) Tiger he has no business being Tiger's coach?

Stupid!!

Can someone like Oakley, or Feldberg and Conrad to a certain extent, have it all clicking, even for long periods of time? Absolutely.

Feldbergs form is easier to time, not harder. There is less moving parts. It does lend itself to hyzers more than anhyzers though and one will sacrifice some distance.

Where I had issues was trying to judge how understable of a disc to throw to get it to flip and turn without burning. There is a reason Feldburg used to carry every mold Lat64 made. :popcorn:

If I need pinpoint accuracy, I still throw Feldy form. I no longer use is for distance lines though. Of course, we all are built different and what works for me may not work for others.

Feldbergs form is easier to time, not harder. There is less moving parts. It does lend itself to hyzers more than anhyzers though and one will sacrifice some distance.

Where I had issues was trying to judge how understable of a disc to throw to get it to flip and turn without burning. There is a reason Feldburg used to carry every mold Lat64 made. :popcorn:

If I need pinpoint accuracy, I still throw Feldy form. I no longer use is for distance lines though. Of course, we all are built different and what works for me may not work for others.

I tried that hop thing for awhile after realizing the x-step was throwing my fatness off balance and just couldn't get it right and eventually settled into more of a shuffle. Very hard on my shoe's soles though, lol

I tried that hop thing for awhile after realizing the x-step was throwing my fatness off balance and just couldn't get it right and eventually settled into more of a shuffle. Very hard on my shoe's soles though, lol

Yes!!! In 3 months I would completely kill a new pair of Merrells!

As far as timing the hop, one has to get hips turned before the hop lands. Thats the hardest part of it.