• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Last prerube.. unfortually I have non fun stuff I have to go do.
Both following are from before I joined the forum. Perhaps it was over on DGR where someone broke down the difference between an X step and a scissor step. Some of my info came from tutorial videos; much harder to search for those.

Like I said, forum speak.

From what I can tell, several of the terms we use came from Blake over on DGR. Someone had to make up the terms; as far as I know, no one has gotten a divine disc golf lexicon from a burning bush.

There are terms people on forum invent to attempt to better communicate their ideas and then there are terms that professionals and the wider disc golf community uses. They may or may not be invented by forums, but to be honest I think a lot of it can be attributed to Dave Dunipace.

There are terms people on forum invent to attempt to better communicate their ideas and then there are terms that professionals and the wider disc golf community uses. They may or may not be invented by forums, but to be honest I think a lot of it can be attributed to Dave Dunipace.

Others are attributed to players like Tom Monroe and Scott Stokely with the videos they did in the mid to late 1990's on disc golf, the Stable term I believe came from Scott where the disc holds a line. It just it took a long time for the term Stable to mean that and not Stable as in a OS disc as some players not from where the game started in early years these pockets were saying Disc is stable for term of an OS disc well into the 2000's as places like DGR and DGCR were not a thing yet until the mid 2000's to help codify terms to what they are now. Terms are even more codified now with the advent of the tournaments on YouTube and elsewhere in the 2010's with pros using the terms as the commentators. Only Term I hate that the YouTube tournament announcers made was The comebacker, I like The comeback, that is what I heard people say and South Dakota people born here or have lived in South Dakota a long time sometimes use pert near.

Disc golf terminology, where it was created, and how it was solidified is something I think would be a valuable discussion on a disc golf forum. It's very interesting to me!

Sorry your eyes hurt. Maybe if you focus on rolling them a bit less it'll make it easier to read.

Makes sense. The McBeths are also playing that event while they're in Florida after TDTM, instead of going back and forth for Texas States.

Last edited:
hmm... he's still registered as AM but playing Open in those 2 new events. I wonder if he cashes, he accepts it.

I'd bet anything he'd kill it in a traditional sales and marketing role in corporate America, if anything this disc golf adventure is a pay cut so far.

I think it will always be a pay cut for him, he's too old to do Ultimate for a living so this might be all he has left in disc sports. If he does not become a top player (which I believe he won't) then the disc golf career will be only 2-3 years long before he moves on.