• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Going all in defending the Bro, huh?

I think what Titan is saying is that Brodie might miss out on the cash and possible performance $$ from Discraft that he could possibly eventually learn to not miss the little things like true foot faults and other fouls. Close calls are another thing, same as not calling the obvious pick up of the marker before the disc finishes its flight. the latter is not really called in putts as if MJ can get away with putting and removing a marker before disc has finished flight at the smaller Pro tour or National Tour tournament The __ in California. A female player doing the same Foot Fault at GBO not getting called then it is not going to get called by Brodie.

I think what Titan is saying is that Brodie might miss out on the cash and possible performance $$ from Discraft that he could possibly eventually learn to not miss the little things like true foot faults and other fouls. Close calls are another thing, same as not calling the obvious pick up of the marker before the disc finishes its flight. the latter is not really called in putts as if MJ can get away with putting and removing a marker before disc has finished flight at the smaller Pro tour or National Tour tournament The __ in California. A female player doing the same Foot Fault at GBO not getting called then it is not going to get called by Brodie.

What PDGA Rule are you referencing here?

What PDGA Rule are you referencing here?

Oh wait it was the moving forward of the previous marked lie that MJ did before the disc finished its flight at that California NT or PT event. I do not think I finished my thought all the way. At least that seems like a violation stepping over the lie before the disc is finished in flight. 90% of the other top players tend to stay behind the disc as it is moving, removing the Marker is not the violation, the stepping over the lie is the violation. Those shots with stepping over the lie before disc comes to rest are rarely called as a violation anyhow in play.

This guy is spending literally an entire week with Paul Mcbeth and Simon Lizotte...if he wasn't doing that I would say differently but these are literally two of the best players in the game, if he screws up, they will call him out on it. We haven't even seen this guy play a full 18 yet but you're already counting him out and that bugs me a bit but hey to each their own I guess.

Oh wait it was the moving forward of the previous marked lie that MJ did before the disc finished its flight at that California NT or PT event. I do not think I finished my thought all the way. At least that seems like a violation stepping over the lie before the disc is finished in flight. 90% of the other top players tend to stay behind the disc as it is moving, removing the Marker is not the violation, the stepping over the lie is the violation. Those shots with stepping over the lie before disc comes to rest are rarely called as a violation anyhow in play.

Was he within 10 meters of the target at the time? Hard to imagine. Otherwise its just follow through, perfectly legal.

Foot faults. Brodie will have a lot of foot faults because he's never had to worry about hitting a mark with his plant foot before.

That won't matter though since they're never called.

You can't run and throw in Ultimate so I don't
see how he would be particularly prone to foot faulting.

More like you're reaching, his response was legit and light years away from "going all in". Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I've seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don't understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn't your daughter and he's not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this "he won't succeed" when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn't even teed off yet lol. News flash: he's already winning just because his haters can't seem to stop talking about him lol... It's funny to watch.

Brodie is sparking attention and discussion already, so that's good. Discraft was smart to sponsor him. It's incredible how quickly they got their poop in a group when it comes to their online presence.

More like you're reaching, his response was legit and light years away from "going all in". Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I've seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don't understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn't your daughter and he's not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this "he won't succeed" when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn't even teed off yet lol. News flash: he's already winning just because his haters can't seem to stop talking about him lol... It's funny to watch.

It's winter. I'm bored. Get over yourself.

I don't understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- Brodie isn't your daughter and he's not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this "he will succeed" when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn't even teed off yet lol. News flash: he's already losing just because his fanbois can't seem to stop talking about him lol... It's funny to watch.

See how that works both ways? ;)

You can't run and throw in Ultimate so I don't
see how he would be particularly prone to foot faulting.

When he throws from the fairway he must be sure to plant his foot in the proper way, something he does not have to consider while throwing playing any other sport.

This isn't difficult to understand, but like I said he'll never be called on it anyway.

When he throws from the fairway he must be sure to plant his foot in the proper way, something he does not have to consider while throwing playing any other sport.

This isn't difficult to understand, but like I said he'll never be called on it anyway.

Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.

Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.

They have a good point. You could be correct but I doubt we ever see it because I am not convinced he will be a 1000 rated player. I don't care who his coaches are this week.

In fact I'm willing to bet a disc he won't be rated 1000 this year at any time.

Anyone with that attitude needs to refocus on their own efforts. They aren't really jealous that someone is getting rewarded for doing nothing; what they are really jealous of is that he has built a personal brand with a huge following as well as demonstrated disc skills that can transfer over. They should work on their own games (dg and brand-building) instead.

I have a competition in me. I want no-one else to succeed. I hate most people. - Daniel Plainview and many others.

Anyone with that attitude needs to refocus on their own efforts. They aren't really jealous that someone is getting rewarded for doing nothing; what they are really jealous of is that he has built a personal brand with a huge following as well as demonstrated disc skills that can transfer over. They should work on their own games (dg and brand-building) instead.

Could not possibly agree more - especially the bolded part.

Latest posts