• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

^^^ Can't local clubs get involved and put some signs up?

Doesn't matter. There are signs up all over the place at Idlewild and people walk right out in front of you on a couple holes where we can see each other long before they get to a point where they are in danger.

The problem is, the ones who are aware just don't understand the danger of being drilled by a "sharp" edged modern high speed "frisbee". I got hit in the side of the knee by a friend just flipping a mulligan drive to me across the fairway when he thought i was looking. It left a massive bruise and my knee hurt for weeks and he barely put enough speed on it to make it across a 25ft fairway... The ones who are aware "frisbee golf" is being played, think just that, they're frisbees...

Last edited:
I think I now understand why I had not yet heard that.

Pretty sure the saying has been around since way before that movie. I've never seen the movie, and have heard that phrase many, many times. And I'm nearly certain that I've heard it since long before that move came out. It might just be a regional colloquialism.

has nothing to do with well known, all the sports you mentioned are held on private land and/or stadiums, frolf is in public parks for the most part.

private courses and clubs that are able to work with parks to shut down casual traffic don't have this issue

Most public parks here have football fields in them, but it's much easier to see when it's in use since there are 22 sweaty apeths running around on it at the time. Disc Golf courses require much more insight to figure out if they're engaged.

I have never before encountered this metaphor, and it's awesome. I'm going to walk around repeating it to myself today so that it sets into my memory.

It became famous from a recent song by, Lizzo.

"Juice"

Maybe it a farm saying and it is because most everyone in my area has farm roots or maybe it is a southern or southeastern thing, but I'm pretty shocked that people haven't heard that saying or think it comes from some recent pop culture reference.

I feel like I've heard it pretty much daily my entire life.

I had never heard that saying before. I would guess that's not unusual for people who live in different areas of the country.

The 1st farm saying I heard was "If you want to run with the big dogs you gotta learn how to pee in the tall grass".

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
YJZPtbL.jpg

context? this thread is way too long for me to search for what this is in relation too and there are way too many thread drifts, many of which i have been a part of lol

fair, although regardless of context i was rolling my eyes at the way brodie chose to respond to dana. dana was responding to this tweet of brodie:

New major announced by the
@PDGA
. If they decide to seed the top 4 players going into match play, some funny stuff might be happening. You might see players intentionally tank to get certain matchups. Thought?

a la drew gibson at the dgpt finals a few years back

Latest posts