• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bucksnort/Bailey/Beaver Ranch Sept 20-22

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
Heading to Red Rocks for a show on Tuesday Sept 21st and taking a few days on either side to play the area courses. I'll be around on Monday and that Wednesday, with only maybe a chance to play a short course before picking up the Mrs. at the airport on Tuesday.
Thursday I haven't decided what I'm doing, maybe driving back to Dallas.

SO anyone and everyone is invited to join me - either first-timers to play these courses or someone that can show me the lines and help me adjust for altitude. Besides most of Tuesday and getting my wife to the airport on Wednesday morning, my schedule is pretty much whatever - wicked early, mid-afternoon or even glow rounds.

:hfive:

Sounds like a good time. Beaver Ranch is one of my favorite courses. Bailey is pretty fun too. I haven't played Bucksnort.

Not sure how tied up I'll be with work that week but if I have some down time it would be cool to play with someone other than my regular group.

Red Rocks is an awesome concert venue. Well, except for the last time I was there and it poured down rain like crazy right in the middle of the opening act and didn't let up for hours causing the concert to be delayed. But that's a rare occurrence.

Red Rocks is an outstanding place to see a concert. You will love it. Enjoy!

Cashing in all those gifts for this trip was a great decision, enjoy the magnificent mountain concert venue and disc golf. Really loved Beaver Ranch and seeing a few shows at Red Rocks. Hopefully the weather in late September works out for you. Please post afterwards, would love to hear about Bucksnort and Bailey so I can start planning a trip. Have fun! :thmbup:

Cashing in all those gifts for this trip was a great decision, enjoy the magnificent mountain concert venue and disc golf. Really loved Beaver Ranch and seeing a few shows at Red Rocks. Hopefully the weather in late September works out for you. Please post afterwards, would love to hear about Bucksnort and Bailey so I can start planning a trip. Have fun! :thmbup:

This was around 2013ish, I was supposed to see a show at Red Rocks, some jam band whose name I cannot remember. We were in the parking lot and doing the tailgating thing. These hippies came by with some baklava edibles for sale. I ate two big ones. They were extra greasy and goey green. Needless to say within an hour I knew I done goofed up. I spent that evening passed out in the backseat down for the count.

I did get a chance to go back out there the next day and run the stairs and play the red rocks course. What a beautiful place.

Beaver Ranch BTW is AWESOME and definitely in my top 10, probably top 5 all time.

Even after reading your story, I don't think I could turn down free hippie baklava, infused or not :)

I lived there for 36 years, and just so you know, you almost couldn't have chosen a better week to go. The aspen will be turning, and you will likely have cloudless days with temps around 70. Of course, weather prediction is never absolute, but your chances are really good.

Take some warm clothes into the show, though. We had tickets for a Springsteen show at Mile High Stadium back on Sept 22, '85, and it was postponed for 2 days because of 6" of snow. That's rare, though.

Even after reading your story, I don't think I could turn down free hippie baklava, infused or not :)

When in Rome, do as the Romans!

Beaver is incredible. Bring lightweight flippy drivers if you have any. I'd go with a light bag too, it's a hike. Im pretty sure that course has real baskets and teepads now too, when I was out there they had these single chain catchers that would break your heart and some natural pads that weren't bad but far from ideal.

Definitely on my agenda to get back out there and play the course again with the upgrades and also play Bucksnort and Bailey.

I was fortunate to get to play the best course thats close to Denver proper at Colorado Heights! Total bummer about that place getting pulled but even as an out of towner I knew that place was probably doomed.

I thought there was some sweet course out by Beaver called Ghost Town or something along those lines?????

Ghost Town is fun but short. It's pay to play and you'll need to call and make a reservation. Wondervu isn't far from Ghost Town and is a much better course.

Beaver is incredible. Bring lightweight flippy drivers if you have any. I'd go with a light bag too, it's a hike. Im pretty sure that course has real baskets and teepads now too, when I was out there they had these single chain catchers that would break your heart and some natural pads that weren't bad but far from ideal.

Flippy drivers? Yes, excellent tip. I was continually trying to throw anny with my flippiest drivers at elevation.

Light bag? Yes again. On my trip the folks with big backpack bags were eyeing my 9-disc Squirrel Monkey with envy after every uphill hike. :D

Also, bring plenty of water.

Definitely on my agenda to get back out there and play the course again with the upgrades and also play Bucksnort and Bailey.

Beaver, Bucksnort, and Bailey are a killer combo. Bear Mountain is another fine course not far away. Wondervu is fun and quirky, worth playing if you have time but not the same sort of epic mountain experience.

Pretty sure Beaver Ranch has concrete tees now.

Pretty sure Beaver Ranch has concrete tees now.

Confirmed, I did some digging around and not only do they now have large concrete tee boxes but they also have new Innova 28s. WOW! I really got to get back out there, I loved the place playing on dirt pads and crappy baskets, could only imagine how nice it is now.

Man last time I was out there my beagle dog took off after some scent she got ahold of and I had to hike all over that mountain chasing after her. Needless to say I got some good views of that place off the beaten trail.

I figured if I ran into a bear or something I was definitely faster than my girlfriend, and I didn't need to outrun the bear (impossible) all I had to do was outrun her :p

Two weeks out and it's hard not to start packing already.
It looks like I'll have an extra day in the area too - I just turned in my 2 weeks notice at work so I'm not using PTO for the trip :) :)

The offer still stands if anyone wants to join me for a round or 3. I'll be playing some combination of the courses listed above on Monday the 20th, then the others on Wednesday and Thursday of that week.

I played Bailey over the weekend. Conditions are good and I don't see that changing over the next couple of weeks. I struggled a bit with the tee pads as it had rained the night before and we started early and the turf pads were wet and fairly slick. Air quality has been less than ideal lately so if you're sensitive to that kind of thing it can mess with your breathing a bit.

Have fun and shoot well.

Two weeks out and it's hard not to start packing already.
It looks like I'll have an extra day in the area too - I just turned in my 2 weeks notice at work so I'm not using PTO for the trip :) :)

The offer still stands if anyone wants to join me for a round or 3. I'll be playing some combination of the courses listed above on Monday the 20th, then the others on Wednesday and Thursday of that week.

If you are up on a Saturday or Sunday let me know. I've got a crew that would love to play with ya up there. Great course. Buddy of mine got 3 aces on the same disc at bucksnort. It's a crazy course.

Give yourself some time too. Lots of elevation that can knock you on your butt, if you're not ready for it.

Have you already reserved tee times for Bucksnort?

Bucksnort is best played with others and it used to have a minimum amount of people or money. Not sure if that is still the case.

I've texted the number on the course review but haven't heard back. Meant to do that yesterday too, thx for the reminder.

The sun is not filtered as well at high elevation, so make sure you carry sunscreen.

It looks like you're heading into nice weather though. It's been great here the past few weeks. Enjoy your trip!