• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Build the worst 5 disc bag, and I'll compete with it.

That's the Armus I remembered. Posts a (semi) promising thread and then proceeds to quickly landfill it.

As an aside, there's a new form guru on here that can fix all your form flaws. So that's cool right? He's really good too. Been playing well over 5 months now.

The worst setup I could imagine:

Putter: Aerobie Arrow
Mids: RT Sparrow, Innova Wolf
Driver: Albatross, Aerobie Epic

If you can hit even par over 18 holes with this setup, I would pay good money to see that.

The worst setup I could imagine:

Putter: Aerobie Arrow
Mids: RT Sparrow, Innova Wolf
Driver: Albatross, Aerobie Epic

If you can hit even par over 18 holes with this setup, I would pay good money to see that.

Since sparrow and albatross are not PDGA approved it'll have to be a 3 disc round.

Robbio123 gave you a bum steer AP. From 2004 - 2014 I was sponsored by Aerobie; threw almost exclusively Aerobie discs (with a few Predators and Flicks thrown in). Got to the 980s in ratings. You could do WAY worse than the Epic and the Arrow!

Not PDGA Approved?

Since sparrow and albatross are not PDGA approved it'll have to be a 3 disc round.

Interesting - not sure about the Albatross, but I do believe the Epic is PDGA approved. It is stamped as such on the disc. I recall looking that one up a couple years back when asked on a card and verifying it is on the approved disc list at PDGAcom.

I will say - while I'm not sure about the Albatross, that disc is nearly impossible to throw well. that thing turned completely over when thrown on max hyzer angle - which is hilarious to drop on an unsuspecting Ript Revenge round opponent

Ahh - never mind - I thought you referenced the Epic when you mentioned the sparrow. Sorry to have spam'd.

After playing for a few weeks, it seems to me this experiment is about over. It is definitively, the archer. I really have NO idea what the premise of this idea could be. Maybe the regular challenges of the game are not enough for the OP. I can't imagine looking to find new discs, by asking for crappy suggestions. If I want to throw some plastic, that I don't really jive with, I will go pull some out of the garage. :doh:

I forgot my bag at home on league day once. I ended up playing with the round with some old crusty discs a buddy had in his trunk. I ended up having a decent round, a bit better than my average at the time. He was pissed(jokingly) that I beat him with his shotty old discs. It was actually a fun and challenging round since I kind of had no idea what those discs were going to do the first time I threw them.. SO, I like what Armus is trying to do here. I don't have any suggestions, since I really have no basis to judge what discs are the worst.

Last edited:
As an aside, there's a new form guru on here that can fix all your form flaws. So that's cool right? He's really good too. Been playing well over 5 months now.

I was worried it might take a while to find out who you were talking about. Not so much. Reading through a long thread hasn't fixed my form yet, but maybe I haven't given it enough time.

All discs should be beat to ~3-5 on the Sleepy Scale.

Innova Mirage, DX, 150 grams
Innova Wolf, DX, 150 grams
Innova Kite, DX, 150 grams
Innova Dragon, Floating DX, 150 grams
Innova Archangel, DX, 150 grams

And a Walmart plastic bag to carry them in.

Such a bag would be the worst case for me: Everything flippy to hell.

Overstability won't give you distance, but at least accuracy. Very different discs would make transitions difficult, but you could focus on main throwers. But super flippy and light stuff would give you nothing, even rollers will stop working at some point, and in any wind you're completely trashed. Skymohawks would seem to be the only option left ...

Robbio123 gave you a bum steer AP. From 2004 - 2014 I was sponsored by Aerobie; threw almost exclusively Aerobie discs (with a few Predators and Flicks thrown in). Got to the 980s in ratings. You could do WAY worse than the Epic and the Arrow!

I agree. Epic isn't anything great for normal throws, but it's throwable. Arrow is a predictable and useful disc.

Putter: 10 m Brick
Mid: Little Flyers Optimizer
Mid: DX Wolf
Driver: Disc golf stuff Maximizer
Driver: Quest AT Double D

There ya go.

You could just throw the whole lineup from Dino Discs. (If it were available)

All super lightweight! Just imagine throwing 100-200 ft drives with barrel rolls! Epic!

All discs should be beat to ~3-5 on the Sleepy Scale.

Innova Mirage, DX, 150 grams
Innova Wolf, DX, 150 grams
Innova Kite, DX, 150 grams
Innova Dragon, Floating DX, 150 grams
Innova Archangel, DX, 150 grams

And a Walmart plastic bag to carry them in.

I agree. This would be a nightmare for me. I would switch out the mirage with Lightning #1Putter. That thing is flippy as hell and its not even beat in!

All heavy understable would definitely limit the shot choices available.

You could just throw the whole lineup from Dino Discs. (If it were available)

All super lightweight! Just imagine throwing 100-200 ft drives with barrel rolls! Epic!

I bought one of the Dino Discs Stegosaurus for my 5 year old son. I think it was 125g. It's definitely flippy, but not uncontrollably so. Wouldn't be fun in the wind. As long as it was calm, and you didn't try to hulk smash it, I think you could get around the course with it. I was throwing 200' hyzerflips in the yard. It's a lot easier to play with than his 113g polecat.